The University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) can only accept Erasmus students from institutions in Europe with which we* have relevant agreements.
The UK will continue to participate in the current cycle of Erasmus+ until the end of the current programme. As a participating student on an Erasmus+ placement, you will be eligible to receive funding through your home institution (National Agency).
This means that if we have an Erasmus+ inter-institutional agreement with your institution, you will be able to come and study with us through the Erasmus+ programme as normal this academic year.
Students arriving after 31 December 2020 for the spring semester
If you are coming to study or complete research for less than six months, you will be able to do this through the new Visitor route rules. This will replace the current Short-Term Study visa and if you are a non-visa national (such as those from the EU, EEA and Switzerland), you will normally be able to apply for entry at the border, for free, simply by using your e-passport.If you are a visa national you should apply beforehand via the gov.uk website. You will need to pay an application fee.
The new Visitor rules have certain restrictions which are important to consider:
- they do not cover study over six months
- you cannot do any kind of work, work placement or work experience during your time in the UK.
If you wish to study for over six months, or if you want to work in the UK during your studies, you should apply via the new Student route.
Our Erasmus Links
We have Erasmus study arrangements with a number of institutions in Europe:
- France: Universite de Bretagne Occidentale
- Italy: Università di Bologna
- Norway: University of South-Eastern Norway
- Norway: Volda University College
- Spain: Escola Superior de Disseny (ESDA) Llotija Barcelona
- Spain: Universitat Rovira I Virgili (Tarragona)
- Sweden: Linköpings University
For more information, please contact the Erasmus co-ordinator at your home institution to find out whether you are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
All Erasmus students must apply to the UWTSD for Admission.
- You should also provide evidence of your qualifications.
- If these documents are not in English, you must obtain a certified English translation.
- If you require further advice on Erasmus+ (UG student mobility) please contact Erasmus@uwtsd.ac.uk
Contact our International Team
If you require more information please contact:
Executive International Officer
Tel: 0044 (0) 7770 998595
*UWTSD also accept students under the previous agreements made by our founding institutions:
- Swansea Metropolitan University
- Trinity University College
- University of Wales Lampeter
European Policy Statement
There is a strong International dimension to both the ethos and work of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
The University fully understands the changing landscape of European Higher Education and intends to continue to support its staff and students in projects and mobility.
There is a growing call for Internationalisation across the sector and here at UWTSD, we have a long history of welcoming students from the USA, Europe, Asia and beyond. The International recruitment unit is committed to maintaining a high level of pastoral care to international students.
The university is committed to providing domestic students with the opportunity to study internationally. Many institutes have international links. The International recruitment unit provides help, support and guidance to students and schools to ensure a smooth transition both culturally and academically.
The Erasmus+ European programme helps to nurture our partnerships with Universities that operate in minority languages and provide the institution with a platform to increase the number of international partners.
Information on Erasmus (EPS & the European Charter) is disseminated to staff and students through the following ways:
- Through university committees
- A list of Erasmus partners is available on the intranet
- Through social media
- Study abroad fairs on campus
- In the University prospectus
- Open days and Interviews
- A list of Erasmus partner Institutions are available on our website
- Presentation to international students and to promote and develop the International dimension of the University's activities.
- Presentations from returning students