The Cisco Networking Academy® CCNA® Security course provides a next step for individuals who want to enhance their Cisco CCENT® certification-level skill set and help meet the growing demand for network security professionals.
The curriculum provide an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
Book an Open Day Request Information
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Why choose this course
- Understand core security concepts and how to develop and implement security policies to mitigate risks.
- Acquire skills needed to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot network security.
- Prepare for the Cisco CCNA Security certification exam.
- Start or advance a career in network security.
- Differentiate you in the market with specialized skills and expertise to achieve success.
What you will learn
CCNA Security offers the following:
- Provides an in-depth, theoretical overview of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available
- Emphasizes the practical application of skills needed to design, implement, and support network security Supports the development of critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills through hands-on labs
- Promotes the exploration of networking security concepts through Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities, and allows students to experiment with network behaviour
- Includes innovative assessments that provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
Networking Academy provides an enriching and comprehensive learning experience through the use of innovative assessments and tools. Formative and summative assessments are integrated into the curricula and supported by an advanced online delivery system to provide immediate, rich feedback that supports instructor and student evaluation of acquired knowledge and skills. Cisco Academy program offer a full suite of assessments to support 21st-century learning; Formative, summative and Cisco Packet Tracer Skills assessments.
Our Facilities, Graduates and Industry Links
Cybersecurity at NetAcad from a Student Perspective
Prerequisites: CCENTlevel networking knowledge and skills.
Can you think like a hacker? A security specialist has to stay up-to-date on technology and discover weak spots before someone else does. They enjoy solving complex problems, and are able to document and communicate about their work. The Cisco Networking Academy program gets you started on a path to these jobs.
Job Titles: Security Administrator (infrastructure, data, and applications), Network Security Architect, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Specialist.
CCNA Security Industry certification fee. For full information, please check Pearson Vue testing centre.