UWTSD Home - Academic Schools and Faculties - Faculty of Architecture, Computing and Engineering (FACE) - IT Academy - Routing and Switching (CCNP)
The Cisco Networking Academy® CCNP curriculum provides career-oriented, comprehensive coverage of enterprise-level networking skills, including advanced routing, switching and troubleshooting, while providing opportunities for hands-on practical experience and soft-skills development.
Book an Open Day Request Information
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Why choose this course
- Prepare for the Cisco CCNP certification exam and professional career opportunities.
- Provides an in-depth, theoretical overview of advanced routing and switching and troubleshooting complex enterprise networks.
- Hands-on labs and case studies help students apply what they learn and develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Access to Cisco Routers and Switches to gain hands-on experience.
- CCNP Routing and Switching certification offers employers proof of job-ready training and skills from experienced, professional-level network engineers.
What you will learn
CCNP equips students with the knowledge and skills needed to plan, implement, secure, maintain, and troubleshoot converged enterprise networks. The curriculum consists of three experience-oriented modules that employ industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare students for professional-level jobs.
Networking Academy provides an enriching and comprehensive learning experience through the use of innovative assessments and tools. Formative and summative assessments are integrated into the curricula and supported by an advanced online delivery system to provide immediate, rich feedback that supports instructor and student evaluation of acquired knowledge and skills. Cisco Academy program offer a full suite of assessments to support 21st-century learning; Formative, summative and Cisco Packet Tracer Skills assessments.
Cybersecurity at NetAcad from a Student Perspective
- CCNA-level networking concepts and skills.
- CCNP ROUTE and CCNP SWITCH have no course prerequisites and can be taken in any order.
- CCNP ROUTE and CCNP SWITCH are both prerequisites for CCNP TSHOOT
- Students can acquire the CCNA-level routing and switching skills needed for success in this course.
The Cisco Networking Academy CCNP R&S program gets you started on a path to these jobs.
Job Titles: Network Engineer, Senior Network Engineer, Network Team Lead, Network Implementation Engineer, Network Architect.
CCNP R&S Industry certification fee. For full information, please check Pearson Vue testing centre.