01093 - Lecturer in Inclusive Education
Part Time (0.4 FTE), Permanent
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Lecturer in Inclusive Education within Yr Athrofa: Institute of Education and Humanities.
Proud of our heritage, the Welsh language, and the distinctive nature of the nation we serve, Yr Athrofa is unashamedly ambitious, drawing upon international best practice to inform our work at home and abroad.
Yr Athrofa is a stimulating and enquiring Institute of Education and Humanities with values rooted in justice, equity, democracy, human rights, citizenship and encouraging high aspirations for all. Our aim is to enable students to develop into skilled, creative, and employable graduates who will contribute to society and be responsible citizens of the world.
The Academic Discipline: Childhood and Education at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David is a new, vibrant and innovative discipline. It offers a wide range of programmes relating to: Education including Education Studies focusing on Primary, Additional Learning Needs & Inclusion and International Perspectives; Inclusive Education; and Early Years Education and Care.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who can:
- Offer teaching and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Offer teaching in a variety of learning settings, from seminar and small group tutorials, to large lectures, workshops or placements, using appropriate and engaging teaching styles
- Design and develop teaching materials, assessment methods and criteria, for individual modules or modules within a specific subject area
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role
- Undertake relevant scholarly and research activity, either as part of a collaborative project or individually
- Engage in continuing professional development and enhancement
You will deliver off campus at various locations in Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigionshire; and on the Carmarthen and Swansea Campuses.
- Salary: £35,845 - £41,526 pro rata per annum
- 35 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days, pro rata)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You should hold an honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. We are looking for individuals with experience in teaching, delivery, assessment and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level in relevant subject area(s), and experience in the design and development of module content.
You should also have:
- Knowledge and understanding of current policies linked to children and education, at both national and local level, and its links to practice
- An understanding of the new curriculum in Wales
- An understanding of current changes in the education sector in Wales
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring (DBS) Check.
The ability to communicate and work through the medium of Welsh is desirable for this post.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 5pm on 18th February 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or email@example.com
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 18.02.2020