01102 - Hourly Paid Lecturers (Birmingham)
Fixed Term for 12 months
The Birmingham Learning Centre seeks Hourly Paid Lecturers to teach on its range of Undergraduate programmes. Lecturers may be based in either of the Birmingham Learning Centre's current delivery locations - Quay Place or Sparkhill. Opportunities are available for those with the following areas of specialisation:
- Business Management (or closely related discipline)
- Health and Social Care (or closely related discipline)
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who can:
- Offer teaching and student support at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
- Offer teaching in a variety of learning settings, from seminar and small group tutorials, to large lectures, workshops or placements, using appropriate and engaging teaching styles
- Design and develop teaching materials, assessment methods and criteria, for individual modules or modules within a specific subject area
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role
- Undertake relevant scholarly and research activity, either as part of a collaborative project or individually
- Engage in continuing professional development and enhancement
- Salary: £38.19 per hour, excluding holiday pay (*Holiday pay is 18.03% of total amount paid)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You should have an honours degree and a postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline(s). We are also looking for individuals with experience in teaching, delivery, assessment and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level in relevant subject area(s), and experience in the design and development of module content.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 5pm on 9th March 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed; the proposed interview date is 16th March 2020.
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 09.03.2020