01151 - Administrative Officer: Finance Business Support (London or Birmingham)
Full Time, Permanent
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint to the post of Administrative Officer: Finance Business Support. This post will be based in either London or Birmingham, with travel between all UWTSD sites, as required.
You will monitor and record day-to-day financial and resource activities of the London Campus (LC) and Birmingham Learning Centre (BLC) and assist the Executive Officer: Finance and Resources (LC/BLC) in providing accurate and timely financial information to enable effective management decision making.
This will involve taking a pro-active role in dealing with outstanding fee matters and working closely with students and the Student Loans Company (SLC). You will work collaboratively with LC/BLC Admissions, Student Services and Assessment teams, as well as relevant colleagues in the central teams of the University.
Full details of the role’s main duties can be found in the Job Description below.
- Salary: £22,417 - £25,941 per annum (an additional London Allowance of £3,500 per annum applies for London-based roles)
- 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to have a good general level of education, up to A-Level standard (or equivalent) or higher. You should also have:
- Knowledge of Student Loan Company and its processes
- Effective organisational skills and demonstrable attention to detail
- Effective and relevant IT skills
- Significant experience in providing customer service or service support
- Effective communication skills, with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to manage workload, organising and prioritising work to meet strict financial deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, when working to a specific project brief and produce measurable results
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 17th August 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 17.08.2020