01166 - Operational and Business Development Manager (Birmingham)
Full Time, Permanent
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Operational and Business Development Manager, based at our UWTSD Birmingham Learning Centre, under the line management of the Executive Dean, based in London.
The Birmingham Learning Centre (BLC) is an integral part of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD) London Campus (LC), currently based in Sparkhill and Quay Place. Both, the LC and BLC have three student intakes per annum and deliver continuous learning, teaching and student recruitment cycles. Currently, the BLC has approx. 1,500 students, registered on Certificate and undergraduate programmes.
You will organise, direct and manage the BLC, by ensuring the implementation and management of UWTSD’s policies, business plans, regulations, and procedures that will provide an effective and supportive learning environment for a diverse group of students.
Leading the professional staff and teams, and working closely with academic staff, you will establish and maintain a professional rapport with students and staff and deploy the highest ethical and professional behaviour and standards, in order to serve as an exemplar for both students and staff. You will be required to lead and motivate all members of staff at the BLC, and will be expected to work towards ensuring / maintaining parity in processes and systems between the LC and BLC, as well as working collaboratively with colleagues at other UWTSD campuses.
You will work closely with the Budget Holder in order to maintain effective delivery and administration of the agreed budget. This will entail close monitoring of financial performance, and identifying and implementing appropriate and prompt remedial action.
You will also have responsibility for the enhancement of the student experience and ensuring the programme operates within a QA framework and in line with University policies and procedures. You will ensure regular and engaging student-facing and external opportunities (such as careers fairs, student showcases, graduation celebrations, student events, guest speakers, etc.) are provided in a coordinated and comprehensive manner, maximising opportunities for participation and promotion of the organisation.
You will lead the BLC’s pursuit of strategies such as improved student retention, increased student recruitment, and reputational establishment.
A full list of the duties for this role, can be found in the Job Description below.
- Salary: £35,845 per annum starting salary (with incremental progression to £41,526)
- 35 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to hold a relevant undergraduate and/or a professional qualification and/or have significant experience in a relevant field. You should also have:
- Significant organisational management experience in a leadership role
- The ability to prioritise, plan and organise own activity and that of others, demonstrating strong time management skills at all times
- Experience of working in a culturally diverse environment
- Experience of working in a competitive, target and market driven environment, with an emphasis on recruitment and retention practices
- A strong customer-focused approach to service delivery, and the ability to identify risks and propose solutions
- Effective working knowledge of marketing services, media communications and publicity, and of liaising with agents/suppliers
- Evidence of managing a budget and/or experience with financial controls, including working within procurement and supply chain systems
- Experience of collecting and managing data to inform and improve performance
- Proficiency in IT, Comms and Social Media; e.g. Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Ability and preparedness to work flexibly including travel between local campuses and other locations in London and Wales when required
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 30th September 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or email@example.com
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 30.09.2020