01163 - Project Officer - Welsh Medium Engagement (Science)
Wales Institute of Science and Art (WISA)
Part Time (14 hours per week), Fixed Term for 1 year
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Project Officer - Welsh Medium Engagement (Science) at our Swansea campus.
The Project Officer - Welsh Medium Engagement (Science) is a new role to support in developing the engagement of delivery and development of Welsh Medium education at WISA (Sciences). This role is a development from the previously successful schemes at Swansea College of Art. Since the merging of Faculties in the last academic year, the opportunity has arisen to support and facilitate growth for the Welsh medium provision at WISA (Sciences).
This post holder will work alongside the Welsh Medium Co-ordinator at Swansea College of Art, as well as being answerable to the Academic Director (Art & Media), Wales Institute of Science & Art (WISA).
The post holder will support the Welsh Medium Co-ordinator for the Swansea Welsh medium delivery in WISA, with the aim of exploring academic areas for the development of Welsh medium delivery, as well as supporting external engagement with marketing, recruitment and enhancement.
The broad aims are to:
- attract more learners to study through the medium of Welsh
- develop the relationship between schools, FE and HE sector already established, but to focus on Welsh medium
- promote opportunities for Welsh speaking students within Higher education to include the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
- support the Welsh Medium Co-ordinator
Further details can be found in the Job Description below.
- Salary: £26,715 - £30,046 pro rata per annum
- 28 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days, pro rata)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to hold a relevant Higher Education qualification. You should also have:
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh with excellent oral and written skills
- Experience of working in a Science-related discipline in an educational capacity
- Project management skills including working to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to undertake social media engagement
- Experience of coordinating and/or writing educational resources
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to apply attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 1st October 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or email@example.com
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 01.10.2020