01180 - Lecturer in Business and Management (Enterprise / Social Enterprise)
Part Time (0.3 FTE), Fixed Term until 31 August 2021
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Lecturer in Business and Management (Enterprise / Social Enterprise) within the Institute of Management and Health (IMH) at our Carmarthen campus.
You will be involved in learning and teaching at undergraduate level and contributing to the business programmes that fall under ‘IMH Carmarthen’, which are underpinned by a sustainable and ethical approach to business. You will be expected to contribute to teaching and learning related to social enterprise and enterprise in particular, although will also contribute to the wider business portfolio. You will be expected to deliver academically challenging, vocational-related content incorporating innovative teaching and assessment methods to develop students’ competence and capability. You will also be expected to lead on extra-curricular, innovative events to encourage student engagement with enterprise and entrepreneurship.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who can:
- Deliver innovative, engaging, practice–led seminars and workshops to a diverse student body
- Design and develop teaching materials, assessment methods and criteria, for individual modules or programmes, with a clear awareness and understanding of relevant quality assurance requirements
- Provide teaching and student support at undergraduate level, either individually or as a member of a teaching team
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role, to ensure a high-quality student experience
- Lead on extra-curricular innovative events to encourage student engagement with social enterprise and entrepreneurship
- Contribute to the development of new, innovative programmes and modules in line with the Institute strategy
Further duties can be found in the Job Description below.
- Salary: £35,845 - £41,526 pro rata per annum
- 35 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days, pro rata)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to hold a good honours degree and a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline. You should also have:
- Experience in teaching, delivery, assessment across a diverse student body in Business / Enterprise
- Work experience as an Entrepreneur and/or developing social enterprises
- Experience of working with a wide network of individuals and organisations at a local, and national level
- Highly digitally literate with experience of using e-resources including a willingness to teach by video-link, VLE or website delivery
- Experience of using innovative approaches to learning and teaching
- Excellent organisational and personal management skills
- Proactive and innovative approach to create new learning opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 2nd November 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or email@example.com
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 02.11.2020