01181 - Assessment Officer (London)
Full Time, Fixed term for 24 months in the first instance
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David’s London campuses (Holborn and Oval), located in the heart of London, are vibrant and diverse, with the student experience at the heart of their teaching. The campuses offer high quality programmes, and with small class sizes promotes a focused learning environment with a high degree of interaction and an emphasis on employability.
We are currently looking to appoint a suitably experienced individual to the post of Assessment Officer. You will work remotely whilst the current COVID-19 situation necessitates working from home, but your primary location will be Holborn or Oval.
You will take responsibility for the co-ordination and provision of student progress, assessment and examinations, completion and graduation. You will also provide advice and guidance to students in terms of Academic Quality standards.
Main duties will include:
- Responsibility for the central functions and administration of student progress, assessment and examinations, completion and graduation including provision of advice to students on processes, procedures and compliance with relevant parts of the UWTSD Academic Quality Handbook
- Administration of the collection, input and maintenance of accurate student data and producing management information as necessary
- Responsibility for monitoring and ensuring that assessment cycle is always completed on time
- Facilitating preparation for assessments / examinations
- Responsibility for the distribution of assessments with marking guidelines to lecturers, ensuring timely return of marks and feedback
- Responsibility for providing all required data in a timely manner to maintain the University’s QA processes and standards
- Servicing Exam Board committees and similar bodies
- Responsibility for the distribution of letters, and any other documents / communications with students relating to the assessment cycle
- Assisting in development, testing and maintenance of administrative and computer-based systems, liaising with IT Services and promoting the development and increased use of the virtual learning environment (e.g. Moodle, my TSD, etc.)
- Salary: £22,417 - £25,941 per year (plus £3,500 London weighting)
- 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You should have:
- Previous experience in administration
- Familiarity with assessment procedures utilising online / virtual learning environment platforms and processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate effective organisational skills
- IT literacy, possessing knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 2nd November 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or email@example.com
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 02.11.2020