01194 - Health and Safety Advisor
Full Time, Permanent
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Health and Safety Advisor. You will work remotely whilst the COVID-19 situation necessitates working from home, but your primary location will be in either Carmarthen or Swansea.
You will take a leading role in delivering a robust health and safety management system across the University, providing competent advice and guidance. This will include the design, implementation and review of safety related policies and procedures, a robust internal audit programme, Health and Safety training and awareness programmes and accident / incident / near miss investigations.
Main duties will include:
- Influencing and building relationships across the University structures to encourage co-operation and involvement of all with the Health & Safety strategy
- Providing professional advice and guidance on Health & Safety to ensure that University activities are carried out both safely and efficiently
- Taking a leading part in the creation, updating and review of all Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, relevancy and practicality are embedded within them
- Promoting and supporting the implementation of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and relevant safe working methods / safe systems of work across all University structures
- Supporting and managing the timely completion of adverse event investigations across University structures ensuring full and robust investigations with clear root causes and contributing factors identified with all subsequent learnings and next steps implemented
Further details can be found in the Job Description below.
- Salary: £30,942 - £34,804 per annum
- 28 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to hold:
- At least a RQF / CQFW Level 3 Health and Safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety) or equivalent
You should also have:
- Previous experience in developing, implementing and maintaining a health & safety management system
- A strong demonstrable working knowledge of health and safety legislation and its practical application
- Previous experience of developing and implementing robust safety policies, procedures and strategies
- Good communication and influencing skills with the ability to do so well at all levels
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 2nd December 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
Previous applicants need not apply.
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 02.12.2020