01205 - Academic Director (Academy of Sinology)
Full Time, Permanent
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Academic Director for the Academy of Sinology, based at our Lampeter campus.
The post is concerned with academic leadership and curriculum development, together with the day-to-day management of allocated academic and professional staff, curriculum delivery and the effective and efficient deployment of resources. You will be charged with the overall strategic responsibility for the Sinology academic portfolio. You should have an in-depth understanding of the student learning experience and will be expected to lead on developing the learning, teaching and other scholarly activity across the portfolio.
You will be a member of the Academy of Sinology which sits within the Institute of Education and Humanities (IEH). You will liaise effectively with the Institute and with the University’s Senior Management Team and contribute to the University’s strategic plans, to learning and teaching and enhancement, to research and widening access strategies of the University. In conjunction with other Academic Directors within the institute, you will jointly manage the Academy’s academic provision.
Further details and a list of main duties can be found in the Job Description below.
- Salary: £52,560 - £59,135 per annum
- 35 days annual leave per year (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to hold:
- An honours degree in a relevant discipline
- An MA qualification in a relevant discipline
- A PhD with a particular focus upon an aspect of ancient Chinese language, linguistics and texts
- Membership of relevant International professional bodies
You should also have:
- Demonstratable ability to work and deliver ancient Chinese lectures in both Chinese and English languages
- Expertise in an aspect (or aspects) of ancient Chinese language and linguistics
- Extensive teaching and lecturing experience internationally
- A strong and extensive publication record in the area of ancient Chinese Buddhist texts
- Proven experience of providing innovative and energetic developments in learning and teaching
- Demonstrable innovation in the design and development of curriculum content
- Proven experience of quality assurance and quality enhancement matters, including compliance with the regulatory framework, audit, analysis and reporting requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of the HE sector and the market context for the Academy’s portfolio of programmes
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 3rd December 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed; the proposed interview date is w/c 14th December 2020.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or email@example.com
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 03.12.2020