01208 - Technical Demonstrator (Engineering)
Part Time (0.5 FTE), Permanent
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the post of Technical Demonstrator (Engineering) at our Swansea campus.
The post of Technical Demonstrator (Engineering) will be located within the Wales Institute for Science and Art (WISA). You will be planning, developing and safely delivering technical workshops and lab practice within the mechanical and motorcycle workshops. You will be required to demonstrate a range of processes, equipment and materials in support of the delivery of mechanical engineering programmes. As part of the role, you will supervise students in mechanical engineering workshops and labs and provide assistance as necessary to students carrying out project work. In addition to this, you will oversee and maintain the equipment in the motorcycle workshop and monitor, maintain and provide stock control.
Further details can be found in the Job Description below.
- Salary: £26,715 - £30,046 pro rata per annum
- 28 days annual leave per year, pro rata (plus 8 bank holidays & 4 University closure days, pro rata)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You will need to hold:
- A good honours degree, BTEC qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
You should also have:
- Experience of providing high quality technical support
- Experience in delivering demonstration in core Engineering workshop practices
- Experience of delivering workshop demonstrations in mechanical and/or motorcycle engineering
- Evidence of technical knowledge and protocols relevant to the mechanical and/or motorcycle workshops
Further details, including the full Person Specification, can be found in the Job Description below.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 7th December 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
For queries, please contact Human Resources on 01792 481277 or firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 07.12.2020