01206 - Hourly Paid Lecturers (London Campus)
Fixed Term for 24 months
The London Campus (LC) of the University seeks to appoint Hourly Paid Lecturers to teach on a range of programmes. You should be prepared to engage in online and distance delivery during the short term, due to Covid-19 restrictions, but should also be prepared for face-to-face delivery on campus in the near future.
We seek academics from a range of backgrounds but would particularly welcome those who have previous experience in non-traditional or widening access delivery at HE level (or FE level with additional relevant HE experience). We welcome applications from academics with expertise in:
- Management, in particular: Accounting, Financial Management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management and Leadership
- Health and Social Care, in particular: Community Development, Residential and Elder Care, and Physiology
- Computing, in particular: Network Programmability, Cyber Security and Data Centre Virtualisation, and Cloud Computing Administration
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who can:
- Offer teaching and student support at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level
- Offer teaching in a variety of learning settings, from seminar and small group tutorials, to large lectures, workshops or placements, using appropriate and engaging teaching styles
- Design and develop teaching materials, assessment methods and criteria, for individual modules or modules within a specific subject area
- Supervise the work of students in a timely, professional and supportive manner, providing necessary advice on study skills, research methods, assessment and dissertation work
- Offer appropriate advice, feedback, support, and encouragement to students, in both an academic and personal tutor role
- Undertake relevant scholarly and research activity, either as part of a collaborative project or individually
- Engage in continuing professional development and enhancement
- Salary: £38.19 per hour, excluding holiday pay (*Holiday pay is 18.03% of total amount paid)
- Opportunities for learning & development
- USS Employer Pension Scheme
You should have an honours degree and a postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline(s). We are also looking for individuals with experience in teaching, delivery, assessment and student support at undergraduate and postgraduate level in relevant subject area(s), and experience in the design and development of module content.
How to Apply
To apply, you will need to complete an application form (below) and return it to the HR department by 12noon on 8th December 2020. CVs are only accepted as supporting documents. Successful applicants will be invited to be interviewed.
As part of any recruitment process, UWTSD collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Please refer to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Application Deadline Date: 08.12.2020