Subject Guides include information on subject specific web resources, ebooks, ejournals and helpful classification numbers. Digital and Information Literacy Skills Sessions can be arranged for groups or individuals. If you would like additional help please use our booking form to arrange a session.
Books are located on the upper floor (001-841) and the lower floors (841-999) of the library at the Lampeter campus. It is important to search the library catalogue in order to find specific titles. Some relevant classification numbers for Chinese Studies are listed below:
|951.04||Chinese modern history|
The main collection of Chinese Studies print journals is located at the lower floor while the latest journals are displayed on the ground floor of the library at the Lampeter Campus. It is important that you use the catalogue to locate individual journal titles. Some useful journals are listed below. Many of our journals are also available electronically.
A selection of full text e-journals as well as the indexes and abstracts are available via the library. Many of our e-resources require you to login using your university IT account. To search for full text e-journal articles by subject, you can go to the library catalogue. Some useful e-journal collections for Chinese Studies are:
The easiest way to find full text e-journal articles is to use the library catalogue. E-journal titles can be located using the E-Journal search. Below are links to some useful e-journal titles for Chinese Studies:
- Asian philosophy
- Chinese literature today
- Dao: a journal of comparative philosophy
- Daoism: Religion, History & Society
- International journal of China studies
- Journal of Chinese cinemas
- Journal of Chinese philosophy
- Journal of Chinese political science
- Journal of Chinese religions
- Twentieth-century China
The library subscribes to a number of e-resources, of which the following might be useful:
ATLA Religion Database supports religious and theological scholarship in education and research. It contains thousands of citation from international titles and multi-author works in the field of religion including religions in China.
Many of our e-resources require you to login using your university IT account.
- ChinaSite.com: The Complete Reference to Chinese-Related Web Sites
- China WWW Virtual Library is a searchable gateway of Internet resources relevant to Chinese Studies, hosted by the Sinological Institute, Leiden University, Netherlands.
- Marjorie Chan's China Links has annotated links to over six hundred websites pertaining to on-line resources on Chinese studies.
- China Daily is an official English newspaper of China and has a searchable archive dated back to January 2000.
- China Internet Information Center is an Information portal about China, providing access to news and information. Available in English , Chinese, and other language.
- Daoism Depot
- The Golden Elixir : Internet Resources for Chinese Studies
- Harvard Digital Resources for Chinese Studies
- Online Guide East Asia