Providing the knowledge and skills needed for today’s modern manufacturing environment
Contact Lee Pratt at email@example.com for more information.
The Advanced Manufacturing Skills Academy (AMSA) aims to develop, maintain and build upon the vital skills required by manufacturing apprentices and employers to deliver the technologies that keep the manufacturing industry globally competitive.
We provide enhanced training for Engineering students, apprentices and businesses on the latest Industry standard machine tools and inspection equipment.
Funded by the Welsh Government and the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW), AMSA works in partnership with three of the leading companies in the manufacturing industry:
Aims of the Academy
AMSA aims to enhance the practical machining skills of engineering apprentices, offering valuable machine time to improve your knowledge and confidence which can then be transferred to the workplace and contributing to improved efficiency and quality for their employers. The Academy can provide the knowledge and skills needed for today’s modern manufacturing environment.
AMSA offers expertise in:
- CAD (computer aided design)
- CAM (computer aided manufacture)
- CNC (computer numerical control) machining, and
- CMM (coordinate measuring machine) inspection
Facilities and Equipment
Develop, maintain and build vital skills required by manufacturing apprentices and employers to deliver the technologies that keep the manufacturing industry globally competitive.
We are located in UWTSD state-of-the-art IQ building in SA1 Swansea Waterfront
AMSA is fully equipped to cater for the needs of a multitude of industry sectors. Our facilities include:
- 2 x Mazak Quick Turn 200MB CNC Lathes.
- 3 x Mazak VCN 430A Vertical Milling Centres fitted with Renishaw’s latest OMP60 in-process measuring probes.
- Latest Sandvik carbide tooling.
- Renishaw CMM 600mm³ capacity (coordinate measuring machine) fitted with latest fixturing and scanning equipment.
- 2 fully equipped CAD/CAM stations offering the latest software from Solidworks and Autodesk.
Apprenticeships and Bespoke Training
AMSA offers a range of degree apprenticeships and short bespoke training packages to local companies for the purpose of up-skilling their existing workforce, in line with the ever-developing technologies, machinery and software being used by modern manufacturing companies today.
AMSA and the University’s Wales Centre for Advanced Batch Manufacturing (CBM) offer Prototyping, development and small batch production.
For further information contact:
Advanced Manufacturing Skills Academy Manager