This innovative MBA is not only practical and industry-focused, it provides the flexibility to complete a full-time masters degree anytime, anywhere, whilst continuing to work.
Delivered online over 12 months, plus an industry project of up to 12 months, students will progress through collaborative modules and assessments.
Applications should be made directly to UWTSD.
Intakes are February/June/October.
Apply Now Request Information The Online MBA (Part-time)
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Why choose this course
- Benefit from the power of two award-winning business schools*
- Enjoy personalised student support**
- Engage in collaborative learning with students from around the world.
- Study when it suits you with HD videos, unmatched academic support, and no exams.
- Learn from dynamic insights from over 250 Ducere Global Leaders, including former Presidents, Prime Ministers, Nobel Prize Winners, Global Leaders, CEOs and Business Innovators.
*UWTSD ranked 1st in the UK for Student Satisfaction in Teaching Quality in Business Studies - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
**UWTSD 2018/19 ranked 1st in UK for overall postgraduate taught satisfaction In Business and Administration (out of 81 participating HEIs).
What you will learn
In today’s competitive environment, it’s not enough to have academic learning: Employers expect more.
Learning from the collective experience of other students and the world’s elite, who have all made significant achievements in their careers, accelerates the learning process and exposes you to an unprecedented breadth of leadership and business experience.
Learners will re-think business approaches by engaging together online, sharing and interrogating existing practice, and driving change through an online collaborative learning community.
Collaborative Virtual Learning Environment
The student online virtual learning environment is clearly distinguished from traditional online delivery methods, through its achievement of immersion and engagement, the use of collaboration tools, and a strong relevance to real business contexts.
Your learning experience is delivered through a leading enterprise collaboration platform. Reflecting a corporate intranet portal, you’ll communicate and collaborate, as well as access resources and support. You’ll engage with learning and assessment tasks in a manner closely aligned to real-world corporate experience.
Ducere and UWTSD both have significant experience of supporting learners at a distance. You will receive a dedicated student experience manager throughout your studies, helping you benefit from a programme of study that is designed to be relevant to your current work.
You will be engaging regularly with other MBA students as well as your tutors, learning with other people in different locations and in different business contexts, giving you an opportunity to experience a range of different perspectives.
Dynamic Insights from Global Leaders, CEO'S and Business Innovators
Aligning formal academic content with learnings shared by the Global Leaders Faculty, enhances your learning process and gives you a greater level of applied understanding
Ducere’s Global Leaders Faculty is made up of over 250 of the world’s most successful individuals, from former Presidents and Prime Ministers to CEOs, Business Innovators and Successful Startup Creators. Their insights are available for students so they can relate their academic studies to practical and industry-relevant case studies at every stage of their education journey.
The MBA programme consists of six, 20-credit taught modules, delivered over 12 months, followed by a significant applied research project to further the strategic outcomes of an organisation. Students can work on a project approved for their own employer or can be given a strategic project on a global organisation. Students who complete three 20-credit modules can graduate with an award of PG Certificate or, six modules, a PG Diploma.
- Digital Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
- Finance for Business Managers (20 credits)
- Global Business Challenges (20 credits)
- Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Marketing Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Major Applied Industry Project (60 credits)
With no exams, assessments include a range of written and visual assignments. Our focus is on the interrogation of theory through the context of work. The online MBA focuses its teaching and learning on the benefits that can be gained from interaction between learners, their tutors and high-quality research and industry led resources.
All assessments will be submitted online and will build and reflect on the collaborative activity within the modules. The tutor will provide formative and summative feedback and will be available for further clarification of feedback, if requested by the student.
Progression and award will comply with the standard University regulations for Masters programs. Arrangement for re-sit work will be provided through the University VLE. All assessments are individual coursework built on collaborative engagement in the weekly learning activities and/or related to individual professional contexts.
Insights from Global Leaders
PROFESSOR ROBERT S. KAPLAN Professor of Management Practice, Harvard Business School
You be individually considered for admission using the following criteria:
- Normally, the possession of a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree, or an appropriate equivalent, i.e. a professional qualification, from a recognised British or overseas institution.
- It is preferred that applicants are employed in an organisation or have significant working experience, so they can draw on their professional context for learning.
- Demonstrably appropriate motivation and ambition for studying an MBA.
- Fulfilling the essential criteria for the admission to the MBA Programmes, which is primarily the applicant’s ability to complete the programme satisfactorily and benefit from it.
Applicants who do not fully satisfy the general criteria will be considered and may be admitted, if they are able to demonstrate they are capable of successfully undertaking and completing the programme at the required standard, and are able to contribute fully to, and benefit from, the learning experiences delivered within the programme.
There is no requirement for attendance in the UK for the MBA online/distance learning programme.
Applicants who have already been taught and assessed in languages other than English should have demonstrable confidence to study through the English language equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
Applicants must have suitable access to computer equipment so that they can access the University VLE.
Admission criteria and entry qualifications for the MBA Programmes may also include the applicant having equivalent of:-
- A non-honours bachelors degree in a related or cognate subject from a UK university and relevant evidenced experience (normally equivalent to or comparable with two years)
- An honours degree from a UK University in a non-related or cognate subject where the applicant has evidenced relevant experience (normally equivalent to or comparable with two years)
- An equivalent certificated degree from a non-UK institution to those specified in (i) and (ii) above.
- Non-degree qualifications such as the Higher National Diploma in related subjects (e.g. EdExel), or equivalent overseas qualifications, where the applicant has appropriate employment experience. (normally equivalent to or comparable with a minimum of three years)
- Qualifications from relevant Professional Bodies, which are at a level below UK Honours Degree but demonstrate relevant professional experience,(normally equivalent to or comparable with a minimum of three years)
Candidates with related employment fields, or related area/discipline/subject experience, or defined voluntary experience, or similar related employment field experience may be admitted to the programme without degree or degree equivalent qualifications if they can demonstrate their potential to meet the learning requirements of the programme.
Advanced Entry with APL/APCL Credit
Entrants with relevant and acceptable professional accreditation will be considered for exemptions. Note: accreditation already received in qualifications are not admissible.
Normally, all applicants at postgraduate level can be interviewed. An offer of a place may be made based on the application form alone including academic history, a personal statement and a reference.
International students, for whom English is not a first language, are subject to additional requirements and will be requested to provide evidence of sufficient command of spoken and written English to meet the demands of the MBA Programmes. Normally an IELTs test score of 6.0 or 232 for the computer test or evidence or supplied references to working for a period of more than one year through the medium of English.
If you're seeking managerial employment and/or career advancement, an MBA is considered to be a highly valued qualification by employers.
The Online MBA with Ducere and UWTSD is entirely dedicated to the employability skills that industry wants and needs, highlighted in a report by the World Economic Forum; the top three skills required by the workforce will be complex problem solving, critical thinking and creativity.
Working in a rich and Internationally diverse group of students within the programme, their context along with the insights of over 250 global leaders and business innovators in our Global Leaders Facilty, provides significant additional content to your learning.
It is possible to complete this programme of study without any additional costs.
Regular Private/Public access to an Internet-accessible computer is expected from applicants.
Students may wish to purchase materials for modules, such as books, may do so but this is not a requirement and will have no bearing on the final grade.
"The program gives candidates real experience in terms of how corporate innovation actually works."
JULIAN Former Group Executive – Brand, Innovation and Technology, Spotless, Ducere MBA Alumni
"The Global Faculty is enormously valuable… it delivers learning outcomes the textbook can’t"
BEN Farstad Shipping, Chief Officer, Ducere MBA Alumni
"It is clear that Dūcere care about my learning. Every part of the program is thought out..."
SCOTT KPMG Management Consulting, Ducere MBA Alumni
In recent years, all online/distance learning programmes at UWTSD have benefitted from a £1,000 Bursary application scheme:
See our Scholarships and Bursaries section.