Achieve your full potential with UWTSD’s online and distance learning courses - flexible and supportive, with academic rigour.
Online and distance learning is a way of learning remotely without being in regular face-to-face contact with a lecturer in a physical classroom.
The main advantage of online and distance learning is that it allows you to fit your learning around your work and personal life, helping you to achieve your full potential.
UWTSD offers online and distance learning courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, in a variety of subjects from business and management to humanities.
Why study online and distance at UWTSD?
Choose when and where you study, and at what pace.
UWTSD ranked 6th in the UK for student support.
UWTSD’s online and distance learning courses match the high academic standards you would expect on campus.
You’ll also be able to celebrate completing your online and distance studies by attending a UWTSD graduate ceremony!
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MA Ancient History - MRes Ancient History
- MA Ancient Religions
- MA Biblical Interpretation
- MA Celtic Studies
- MA Classics
- MRes Contemporary Literature
- MA Creative Writing
- MA Cultural Astronomy and Astrology
- MRes Early Modern Literature
- MA Equity and Diversity in Society
- MA Engaged Anthropology - MRes Anthropology
- MA Greek
- Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma in Greek and Latin
- MA Heritage Practice - MRes Heritage Practice
- MA Islamic Studies - MRes Islamic Studies
- MA Interfaith Studies
- MRes Landscape and Environmental Archaeology
- MA Local History
- MA Medieval and Early Modern Literature
- MA Medieval Studies
- MA Philosophy - MRes Philosophy
- MA Philosophy and Religion: Eastern and Western Thought
- MRes Religious Experience
- MRes Study of Religions
- MTh Christian Theology
- The Online MBA (Part-time)
- The Online MBA with Ducere (Full-time)
- MBA Sustainability Leadership (Online)
- MSc Logistics
- MA Technology Enhanced Learning
- MA Outdoor Education (Blended)
- MA Physical Education (Blended)
- MA Online and Digital Learning (Online)
UWTSD has a long history of offering programmes through distance learning.
UWTSD recognises that attending lectures on-campus is not suitable for everyone, which is why we offer a wide range of programmes that can be studied from the comfort of your own home - or wherever else you choose!
As an online/distance learner at UWTSD, you will be joining a vibrant, international community of learners who come to us from all walks of life.
Most programmes will use a combination of new and traditional technologies including individual research and online tutorials. Once you are registered on a programme you will have access to our virtual learning environment (VLE) called Moodle. Depending on your programme you will have access, through Moodle, to a range of learning packages, a growing collection of specially created resources, electronic journals and e-books.
Some of UWTSD’s courses utilise the social learning platform named Curatr. In this new environment, you will find weekly learning journeys that require you to observe and participate in order to progress.
You will also find a weekly task, called a gate, which needs to be completed before the following week's learning journey can be accessed. You will always be able to go backward, to revisit previous weeks, but you cannot proceed until you have built the knowledge base required to interact with the next stage of your learning.
As a UWTSD student you will also have access to MyDay via the university's main website. MyDay will give you access to Moodle, library services, student services, IT help desk, careers guidance, university email, news and events, the Students' Union, Microsoft Office 365 and online storage through Microsoft's OneDrive.
Learning through these platforms gives you:
- Flexibility - a tool for studying at times that suit you
- Peer support - online forums provide a way of communication with other students and lecturers
- Flexible learning style - a learning tool that can accommodate many learning styles, auditory and visual with the possibility of recording lectures
- Learning reinforcement - you can revisit materials multiple times
- Team and group work - Moodle enables peer collaboration on project work that can take place at a distance
- Assessments - Moodle gives you access to 'Turnitin', a sector-specific, best-practice tool for submitting your work and receiving feedback.
All students are allocated a personal tutor, usually the programme coordinator and will have access to a range of student services that cover induction and training sessions, IT help and support, study skills and various personal developmental sessions, delivered online or via distance learning study skills ‘surgeries’.