The Psychological Evaluation and Research Consultancy Hub (PERCH) is housed within the School of Psychology at UWTSD Swansea. PERCH has been established to enable us to maximise our growing research consultancy and evaluation activities in line with our current activities and capabilities.
Expertise within PERCH includes experimental methods (measurement of implicit attitudes, psychophysiological measures), quantitative evaluation design (quality of life and health psychology evaluation, on-line data collection and analysis, randomised trials), research ethics, and qualitative evaluation methods. Led by Dr Ceri Phelps and Dr Paul Hutchings, two chartered Psychologists and chartered scientists, the aim of PERCH is to:
- Offer responsive and high quality internal and external psychological research evaluation and consultancy services
- Provide collaborative expertise, supervision and training opportunities for internal and external customers and research partners
- Maximise the dissemination of our research activities to a broad range of audiences – funders, academics, third sector organisations and public and patient interest groups.
Our research expertise is primarily focused across the following four areas:
- Intervention development, evaluation, and outcome research
- Health Psychology, psycho-oncology and psychosocial genetic
- Social psychology and the public understanding of health and science
- Immigration, prejudice & discrimination
PERCH have a strong track record of collaboration and funded research relationships with internal and external departments and organisations, including:
- Welsh Government
- Tenovus Cancer Care
- Internal faculties within UWTSD
- Singelton Hospital Breast Care Unit
- All Wales Medical Genetics Service