Performing Arts Carmarthen
Performing Arts sits at the cultural heart of the UWTSD Carmarthen Campus and offers practical training in acting, dance and theatre design and production.
With a wide range of theatre professionals contributing to the programmes as tutors, directors, designers and musical directors. Students are taught by professionals who work within the performance industry.
Studying here will allow you to develop advanced skill and technique in a challenging industry-focused environment.
During your training you will gain invaluable links with professionals which will provide a gateway into the performance industry upon graduation.
On the Carmarthen Campus, we offer the following undergraduate programmes:
A practical course training the actors of tomorrow.
The BA Acting degree has been designed to develop your skills so that you graduate as industry-ready professionals. To do so, you will collaborate with theatre professionals from different disciplines creating an extremely encouraging and supportive environment in which students can safely experiment.
Exploring practical performance skills, developing connections with industry professionals and fostering entrepreneurship is at the heart of this training.
Creating graduates capable of excellence in dance practice.
BA Dance is a practice-based programme designed to prepare students for a career in the dance industry. The course enables the development of technical, choreographic and performance skills, complemented by a focus on dance health and wellbeing and performance optimisation.
Creating practical designers, creative technicians and intuitive makers.
This is a practical programme designed on a broad foundation of production skills right through to producing performances. Students explore, design and create exciting new work alongside industry professionals from day one. The aim is to develop graduates who have a well-rounded and solid knowledge base, are skilled in more than one area and ready to engage in the wider performance sector.
Recent graduates are working with the following:
- Wales Millennium Centre
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- West End productions
- Unity Cymru Theatre
- Torch Theatre
- Taking Flight Theatre Company
- Wales National Opera
- Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre
Get in Touch
Why Study Here
Student-focused and friendly, campus
- 375-seat Halliwell Theatre with its accompanying studios.
- Large workshop and theatre facilities for rehearsals and stage productions
- Committed staff who are experienced and reputable performers and theatre designers
- Interact and engage with external creative practitioners through workshops and productions
- Embrace the opportunity to spend a semester abroad at universities in USA or Canada
- Staff and students alike help one another to develop creative ideas, improve techniques, and create fantastic collaborative pieces of work
- Employability is at the forefront of the course content, where all modules provide students with the necessary skills to progress