Why Study Psychology at UWTSD?
The School of Psychology, across all campuses, offers a combination of diverse student population and an experienced, research-active lecturing team, creating a stimulating learning environment that enhances students’ enjoyment of the course.
The dedicated psychology facilities and positive atmosphere create an exciting learning experience for students that is enhanced by having a team of lecturers working closely together, as well as with students themselves. Teaching and learning for students is focused around:
- encouraging critical thinking, problem-solving and research skills
- enhancing understanding of the link between theoretical concepts and practical applications
- assisting and guiding students at every level through lectures, small group seminars and workshops
- providing support through our personal tutor system
- supporting the development of a wide range of transferable and employability skills in our students
"We do not teach in large lecture theatres, but have a commitment to small group teaching in interactive and collaborative environments. This means that you will work closely with your lecturers throughout your time with us, building confidence and a range of skills that you can take forward to a range of occupations or postgraduate study following completion of your degree.”
Dr Ceri Phelps – Head of Academic Discipline (Psychology)
- Behavioural Research