Stained glass in ‘Nonconformist’ places of worship in Wales.
Alun is currently working with the Royal Commission for Ancient and Historical Monuments, Aberystwyth to produce a gazetteer/ database of Stained Glass in Wales.
- 2010 Joint editor of ‘A Vision Fulfilled: The History of Celtic Studios’
- 2005 Transactions of the Port Talbot Historical Society, ‘Restoration of Heraldic Stained Glass at Margam’
- 2000 Transactions of the Port Talbot Historical Society, ‘Stained and Painted Glass at Margam’.
- 2004 – 2011 Lectures on Stained Glass and Restoration to:
- Friends of Margam Abbey;
- Radyr Historical Society;
- National Arts Collection Fund;
- National Trust (South West)
- Museum of Welsh Life, St. Fagan’s
- Parish of Aberavon
- Morriston Towns Women’s Guild
- Society of Glass Technology
- University of Sheffield
- ‘Imaging the Bible in Wales’ (Aberystwyth)
- Church in Wales (Llandaff)
- Various local history, church, and W.I. groups.
- Director, ‘Scene & Word’ (Jonah Jones Trust)
- Consultant on medieval stained glass to Museum of Welsh Life St. Fagan’s.
- Stained glass consultant to the Church in Wales, Cathedrals &Churches Commission.
- Stained glass adviser to Diocese of Saint Davids.
Alun is an Architectural Glass Centre Co-ordinator responsible for consultancy, organising workshops/Summer Schools, running internal ‘shop’ for specialist tools and materials, undertaking repairs/restorations of commercial commissions, and commissioning new design/fabrication projects, supervision of glass technicians.
Membership of professional bodies
British Society of Master Glass Painters