Taith research travel grants support academic staff and researchers, postgraduate students (PGRs), and technical staff supporting research in gaining research placements, networking opportunities, or access to specialist facilities. Taith is aimed at staff and postgraduate researchers who work in Wales.
The following can be funded under Taith:
- Deeper and meaningful research links, collaborations and access to international shared research capacities and facilities.
- Promoting global research cooperation and knowledge sharing.
- Fostering of opportunities for training and research skills development through placements.
- Supporting the career development of researchers through access to international collaborations, networks, and facilities.
Exploratory visits and networking trips (lasting three days to one month) can be used for knowledge exchange and the creation of new partnerships that strengthen links between researchers at Welsh Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and their international peers. Participants can undergo work on joint research proposals or papers or participate in exploratory visits to establish new opportunities for collaboration, collaborate in activities or fieldwork, or access specialist facilities or equipment.
Research placements and secondments (lasting fourteen days to one year) can be used to undergo research placements including interdisciplinary and intersectoral opportunities for training, collaboration, and use of research facilities at a partner HEI.
Grant information and application forms for each strand can be downloaded below as a PDF or Word document. If you have any questions regarding Taith or need assistance in applying please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Application Form (PDF)
- Staff Application Form (Word)
- Postgraduate Application Form (PDF)
- Postgraduate Application Form (Word)
- Inward (Hosted) Application Form (PDF)
- Inward (Hosted) Application Form (Word)
Please contact email@example.com if you require an alternative format.