Head of Sixth Form Consortium
The consortium is aimed specifically at Heads of Sixth Form and post 16 leaders in order to share good practice and address common issues in a focused forum environment.
The consortia also invite relevant speakers and host current training sessions as requested by members. The consortia meet around twice a year in regional meetings.
South West Wales | 14th November 2018 | Halliwell Centre, Carmarthen
South East Wales | 15th November 2018 | Coldra Court Hotel, Newport
North Wales date and venue to be confirmed.
The purpose of these meetings is to provide Post-16 leaders and Heads of Six Forms with valuable information and updates on how to best advise and support their students.
We invite teachers and advisers from across Wales to book themselves on to one of these meetings by clicking on the link below.
The day will commence at 9am and will come to an end between 2:30-3pm.
- Practical Strategies and Resources for Improving Standards in Sixth Form- Diane Evans, Leader of Learning- Post 16, ERW (14th November only)
- An update on the Qualification Review- Rob Evans, Qualifications Wales
- Apprenticeships- National Training Federation Wales
- Degree-apprenticeships - Bridget Moseley, Head of Apprenticeship Unit, UWTSD
- Advising Students on careers in Teaching- Mathew Jones, Director of BAEd Primary Education with QTS, UWTSD
For more information about the Head of Sixth Form Consortia, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.