Mrs Alison Connaughton BSc, DipPsy, MSc, FHEA
Senior Lecturer / Programme Manager for BSc. Health Nutrition and Lifestyle
Tel: +44 (0)01267 676804
Programme Manager for BSc. Health Nutrition and Lifestyle.
Deliver on the BA Physical Education, BSc Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle, BA Health and exercise and Sports Studies, BA Outdoor Education, BSc Personal Training, MA Physical Education programmes.
My background is in sport science, which I studied to MSc level at UWIC (now Cardiff Met). I managed a university sports science laboratory before I began my lecturing career in the area of sport and exercise psychology. I have been employed as a lecturer in sport psychology at The University of Northampton and UWE (Hartpury), and have experience of working at further education level.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Graduate Member (BPS)
- Programme Manager for BSc. Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Introduction to Health and Exercise Psychology
- The Psychology of Exercise and Physical Activity
- Sport Psychology
- Psychology of Adventure
- Work Placement
- Perspectives on Health and Physical Activity
- Independent Study (Dissertation)
Ongoing PhD research:
The development of a measure of barriers to exercise, for a type 2 diabetes population.