Miss Anna Lewis MA, PGCE, PCET, BA (HONS) Jewellery
- Lecturer Fashion/Textiles Foundation Art & Design
- Lecturer Surface Pattern Design
Tel: +44 (0) 1792 481031
I am in charge of the specialist area fashion/textiles on Foundation Art & Design and also lecture part time on Surface Pattern Design across all pathways with a focus on developing the new Fashion Object pathway.
I graduated in 2000 with a degree in jewellery from Middlesex University, I returned to Wales to set up my own business as a jewellery designer maker and have exhibited all over the world. I started working within the University in CIRIC advising companies in the creative Industries, this then merged into working as a research associate, manager of SATnet and of ACT.
All European funded projects. I have always taught part time on surface pattern and have pursued a career focusing on lecturing during my time here completing both a PGCE (PCET) and the MA in textiles at the University.
In 2012 I secured a position as part time lecturer on Foundation in charge of fashion/textiles and co-ordinating marketing activity for the course. I have also recently created a new pathway in Surface Pattern Design called Fashion Object which bridges the gap between, garments, accessories and jewellery with a focus on craftsmanship, detail, embellishment and styling. I continue to develop my own work.
- Contemporary Applied Arts
- Association of Contemporary Jewellery
- Fashion/textiles Foundation Art & Design
- Surface pattern Design, Fashion Object
- Themes investigating beauty and death, the uncanny, veiling, memory, myth and superstition.
- Contemporary jewellery, Fashion object, accessories, fashion, styling for fashion photography, Contemporary applied art.
- Collaborative work with fashion photography and music video (production design, set design, styling, art direction)
- Mixed media, traditional techniques fused with new technologies such as laser and waterjet cutting, digital print, leather manipulation.
- Future research includes 3d printing for jewellery/fashion.
Lecturing, fashion, jewellery, contemporary applied art, surface pattern design, leather manipulation, laser cutting, digital print, styling for fashion photography, design production for music videos.
Managing European projects, enterprise assistance (professional studies)
Manager of SATnet, ACT and Project officer in applied art at CIRIC (under previous role) Co-ordinator of professional studies in Surface Pattern Design and ACE in the faculty for Commercial services.
Running my own business since 2001 www.annalewisjewellery.co.uk
- The Times Magazine
- Living Etc
- Elle Decoration
- Elle Décor Italia
- Ideal Home Magazine
- Artists Newsletter
- New Directions in Jewellery