Miss Anna Lewis MA Textiles, PCET PGCE, BA HONS Jewellery
Lecturer Applied Art
Tel: +44 (0) 1792 481031
- Lecturer Fashion/Textiles Foundation Art & Design
- Lecturer Surface Pattern Design
- Lecturer Design Crafts
I graduated in 2000 with a degree in jewellery from Middlesex University, I returned to Wales to set up my own business as a jewellery designer maker and have over time exhibited all over the world. I started working within the University in CIRIC advising companies in the creative Industries, this then merged into working as a research associate, manager of SATnet and of ACT, all of which are European funded projects.
I have consistently taught part-time on the surface pattern and have pursued a career focusing on lecturing during my time here completing both a PGCE (PCET) and the MA in textiles at the University.
In 2012 I took up a permanent position as a part-time lecturer on Foundation Art & Design focusing on fashion/textiles and coordinating marketing activity for the course. I have also created a new pathway in Surface Pattern Design called Fashion Object which bridges the gap between, garments, accessories and jewellery with a focus on craftsmanship, detail, embellishment and styling. We as a team have just written a new degree entitled Design Crafts which will start in 2018 focusing on making in areas such as ceramics, glass and jewellery. I continue to develop my own work in the field of jewellery and exhibit internationally.
- Contemporary Applied Arts
- Association of Contemporary Jewellery
- Fashion/textiles Foundation Art & Design
- Surface pattern Design, Fashion Object, textiles for fashion, Visual studies, professional studies
- Design crafts – Jewellery, Design & Make
- Dissertation supervision
- Themes investigating beauty and death, the uncanny, veiling, memory, myth and superstition.
- Contemporary jewellery, Fashion object, accessories, fashion, styling for fashion photography, Contemporary applied art.
- Collaborative work with fashion photography and music video (production design, set design, styling, art direction)
- Mixed media, traditional techniques fused with new technologies such as laser, plotter and waterjet cutting, digital print, leather manipulation.
- Recent research includes 3d printing for jewellery/fashion.
Lecturing, fashion, jewellery, contemporary applied art, making, surface pattern design, experimental drawing, life drawing, leather manipulation, laser cutting, digital print, styling for fashion photography, design production for music videos. Managing European projects, enterprise assistance (professional studies).
Manager of SATnet, ACT and Project officer in applied art at CIRIC (under previous role) Co-ordinator of professional studies in Surface Pattern Design and ACE in the faculty for Commercial services.
Running my own business since 2001 www.annalewisjewellery.co.uk
- The Times Magazine
- Living Etc
- Elle Decoration
- Elle Décor Italia
- Ideal Home Magazine
- Artists Newsletter
- New Directions in Jewellery