Dr Brett Aggersberg BSc, PGCLTHE, MA, FHEA, FRSA
Tel: +44 (0) 1267 676936
- Film and Media lecturer
- Commercial Activities (Research and Development)
- Course Marketing
- Admissions Tutor
- National Trust Partnership Member
- Delivers the following programmes:
- Gwneud Ffilmiau (BA) / Filmmaking (BA)
- Gwneud Ffilmiau Antur (BA) / Adventure Filmmaking (BA)
- Gwneud Ffilmiau Antur (MRes) / Adventure Filmmaking (MRes)
After working in the media events industry producing videos, graphics and animation Brett joined the University of Wales in 2003.
In addition to his lecturing and research, he works as a freelance creative practitioner, primarily in photography and videography; he is also a technology consultant for artists and filmmakers.
Brett has been involved with media production work for the University and has worked on developing Ty Ffilm, an independent film society, since 2007, and is on the committee for the Carmarthen Film Club.
- Adobe Creative Educator Level 1
- Carmarthen Bay Film Festival Jury
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Member of The Society of International Nature & Wildlife Photographers
- The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce
- New Media, Digital Imaging and Visualisation
- Live Projects
- Transmedia Storytelling
- New Media in Practice
Brett is actively involved in a number of research areas and is predominately interested in New Media and Creative Technologies. His PhD work investigates the role of new media art in the contemporary structure of arts institutions.
Brett is also actively involved in research projects such as the Advanced Communications Technologies Project (2011-14), and the Digital Heritage App Development Project (2016-18).
Brett has presented papers at the research event events such as the following:
- Postgraduate Research Forum. Swansea Metropolitan University. March 2008.
- Wales Institute For Research in Art and Design (WIRAD). Conference for New and Emerging Researchers. Hilton Newport. April 2008.
- Image 2.0. Falmouth University College. August 2009. Paper Virtual Touch.
- CHArt- Technology and ‘the death of Art History’. British Computing Society. November 2010. Paper Virtual Reality as Fine Art Space.
- Recalibrate: New Media Art Symposium. Swansea Metropolitan University. June 2012. Keynote presentation, The Case for New Media Art.
- Emerging Technologies within the Creative and Cultural Industries.
- Moving image and interaction design.
- Imaging Technology.
- Brett works with various cultural and creative industries initiatives through the University Research and Development office, such as the Coracle Project, Knowledge Exploitation Fund, and the Advanced Communications Technology (ACT) Project.
- He also worked on a documentary film for the Hywel Dda Interpretative Centre in Whitland, and a film with Welsh artist Christine Kinsey entitled Taith.
- Brett collaborates on placement opportunities and events with the Yr Egin centre which includes television broadcaster S4C and a range of media production tenants.
- Current work includes the European Funded Digital Heritage project and Carmarthen Bay Film Festival Jury Member
- Luxury Hospitality Magazine, Spotlight Article, Printed Chocolates LTD Photographer, 2020.
- Teifi Harps Promotional Film Series, Youtube 2018.
- Wales Institute For Research in Art and Design (WIRAD). Conference for New and Emerging Researchers. Conference Proceedings, 2008.
- Image 2.0. Conference Proceedings, 2009. Paper Virtual Touch.
- CHArt Conference Proceedings, 2010. Paper Virtual Reality as Fine Art Space.
- Higher Education Academy Art, Design, and Media subject centre review; Podcasting for Learning In Universities: http://www.adm.heacademy.ac.uk/library/files/resource-reviews/bretty-aggersberg-2008.pdf
- Higher Education Academy Art, Design, and Media subject centre review; Futures Past: Thirty Years of Arts Computing: http://www.adm.heacademy.ac.uk/library/files/resource-reviews/brett-aggersberg.pdf
Carmarthen Film Club