Bronwen Victoria Williams
Mrs Bronwen Williams MA, PGCE, LLB (Hons) SFHEA
Law Portfolio Programme Director
Coordinator for Public Services
Tel: +44 (0) 1792 481135
- Team member on undergraduate Public services modules
- Delivery on undergraduate and postgraduate business modules
- Undergraduate admissions officer for Public Services
- Volunteer scheme coordinator
- Level 4 manager for Public Services
Bronwen started her career working as a trainee solicitor for a sole practitioner in Swansea before moving into teaching at the University of Glamorgan on the LLB course. In practice Bronwen worked in areas of Employment Law, Family, Probate, Contract, Land, Criminal, Intellectual Property, Company and Tort.
Bronwen has been teaching on the Public Services degree course since 2007 delivering on the various law modules.
Bronwen has been part of the team to validate a number of undergraduate and post graduate programmes for the Faculty of Business and Management which include Public Services, Health and Social Care, Health Management and Business Law. Bronwen has written and delivered on all of these modules.
Bronwen has been tasked with role of enhancing the employability of the students within the public services course and this forms part of her PHD research. As a result Bronwen has developed strong links with local public service providers in Swansea to develop a number of student volunteer schemes for the public services course.
These schemes have allowed the students to gain valuable relevant professional work experience and insight to the professions they are seeking to join. The schemes have also allowed increased community engagement and partnerships agreements with the university and local public sector organisations.
As part of the Admissions and Marketing team, Bronwen has been involved with developing strong links with local schools and colleges, and developing strategic plans and managing performance frameworks for increased admissions.
- Member of the Centre for Legal Education
- Member of British Mountaineering Council
- Fellow Member of the Higher Education Academy
- Intellectual Property in Design Innovation
- Business Law for the Executive MBA
- Law and Ethics for NHS Management
- PGCE (Pcet)
- Dissertation Supervisor
- Introduction to Law
- Criminal Law and criminology
- Tort Law
- Contract Law
- Human Resource Management
- Employment Law
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Law, Ethics and Professional Practice
- Industrial Placements/Work Experience
- Fitness & Exercise
- Dissertation Supervisor
- Enterprise and entrepreneurial education
- Employability in higher education
- Legal Education in Wales
- Competency Frameworks
- Social Capital
- Research Methodology
Present professional and voluntary positions for public services:
- Civilian Contact and staff leader for METPOL, Swansea Metropolitan Student Police volunteer scheme with South Wales Police
- Staff Leader for METFIRE Swansea Metropolitan Student Fire volunteer scheme with Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service.
- Staff coordinator for METPRISON Swansea Metropolitan student Prison volunteer scheme with Swansea Prison.
- Partnership with Babcock International PLC for Fire Service Training.
- Judge on the Welsh Young Dragons scheme
- External Examiner for Plymouth University -Cornwall College for the FDg Public Services and Adventure Activity Leadership
- Informal Partnership with South Wales to develop The Certificate In Knowledge of Policing (CKP)
- Walking guided Leader as certified by the British Mountaineering Council
Williams. B.V (2011) Editorial Review for Swansea University Osteopath clinic Mumbles Community Times
Williams. B.V (2011) Editorial Review for the ‘More Than Physio’ Clinic Mumbles Mumbles Community Times
Williams. B.V. (2012)Does Practice Make Perfect Public Service professional : How can HE Institutions help deliver the next generation of professional public servants South Wales Business Review Vol .3 Issue 4 p14-15 Swansea Metropolitan University
Local Education Authority Governor Grange Primary School Swansea – Responsible for Health And Safety
Chairperson of Parent Teachers Association Grange Primary school 2009-2014 responsible for funding and raising funds in the region of £12,000 for the school playground and raising annually £9,000 to fund school activities and resources.