Mrs Catharine Bleasdale BEd(Hons), MA
Primary Partnership Lead
Tel: +44 (0) 1267 676835
- Co-ordination of all Professional Teaching Experiences modules (BA QTS and PGCE Primary)
- Co-ordination of links with primary schools (mentor development, placements, guidance and expectations)
I graduated with a B.Ed(Hons) from Exeter University (Rolle College) in 1990, and started my teaching career in Llanrumney, Cardiff. During a total of 9.5 years in the primary sector, I taught in a variety of schools across Pembrokeshire and Powys.
I was appointed as a Lecturer within the English department of Trinity College, Carmarthen in 1998 as a member of the Primary Professional English team, and since then have been involved in teaching and co-ordinating modules and programmes across disciplines and degrees, including BA QTS, PPGCE, MA, GTP and graduate diploma for practising teachers.
- Member of UCET Cymru
- Member of IPDA Cymru
- Member of NATE
- Estyn ITT peer inspector
- PPGCE: English, PTE, research module
- BA QTS: PTE, English
- MA: dissertation supervision
I have applied for doctorate studies focusing on trainees’ acquisition of professional values and practice. In order to identify how trainees gain the necessary attributes to become part of the teaching community, I intend to engage with trainees, mentors and tutors working within ITET in Wales.
- English Literacy
- Professional Teaching Pedagogy
- Educational Drama (Mantle of the Expert)
- Philosophy for Children (P4C)
- Teachers’ Professional Development