Mrs Chris Cashin MSc
Lead Sports Nutrition/ Nutrition/Public Health
Tel: 01267 676616
Nutrition and Sports Nutrition lead across the portfolio of degrees within the School of Sport, Health and Outdoor Education. I am also responsible for the promotion of the BSc Public Health.
I am a Registered Dietitian and have a background in the NHS where I have held a range of posts including head of a busy dietetics department and Dietitian to several GP Practices. I have been a freelance Sports Nutritionist for the past 15 years and worked with some of the countries’ top athlete,s many of whom have competed at Olympic or World level. I am also a Registered Nutritionist (Association for Nutrition).
I am currently completing a Doctorate in Professional Practice - University of Wales Trinity Saint David. I am researching nutrition practice in age grade rugby.
- Registered Dietitian (Health and Care Professions Council)
- MSc Applied Public Health
- Registered Nutritionist
- Practitioner – Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register
- Doctorate in Professional Practice (candidate) - University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Association for Nutrition
- British Dietetic Association
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register – Practitioner
- Current Council Member without Portfolio - British Dietetic Association
I teach on a range of modules that are nutrition related. These include;
- Nutrition for Health
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Dietary Analysis
- Applied Nutrition
- Public Health
- Applied Nutrition and Dietary Analysis
- Work Placement
- Public Health Policy
Diabetes and carbohydrate are an interest. I am currently looking at nutrition in rugby, with a focus on the role of nutrition in younger age grade rugby players.
My areas of expertise are in sports performance nutrition, diabetes, weight management and children’s health.
Numerous articles for Dietetic Journals.
Media spokesperson for British Dietetic Association.