Mrs Chris Cashin MSc, RNutr, RD, SENr
Programme Manager: Sport and Exercise Nutrition (MSc)
Lead: Nutrition /Sports Nutrition across the portfolio of degrees within the School of Sport, Health and Outdoor Education.
Tel: 01267 676616
Nutrition and Sports Nutrition lead across the portfolio of degrees within the School of Sport, Health and Outdoor Education.
I am also responsible for Sport and Exercise Nutrition (MSc).
I am a Registered Dietitian and have a background in the NHS where I have held a range of posts including head of a busy dietetics department and Dietitian to several GP Practices.
I have been a freelance Sports Nutritionist for the past 15 years and worked with some of the countries’ top athlete,s many of whom have competed at Olympic or World level.
I am also a Registered Nutritionist (Association for Nutrition).
I am currently completing a Doctorate in Professional Practice - University of Wales Trinity Saint David. I am researching nutrition practice in age grade rugby.
- Registered Dietitian (Health and Care Professions Council)
- Applied Public Health (MSc)
- Registered Nutritionist
- Practitioner – Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register
- Doctorate in Professional Practice (candidate) - University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Association for Nutrition
- British Dietetic Association
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register – Practitioner
I teach on a range of modules that are nutrition related. These include;
- Applied Nutrition
- Applied Nutrition and Dietary Analysis
- Dietary Analysis
- Nutrition for Health
- Public Health
- Public Health Policy
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Work Placement
Diabetes and carbohydrate are an interest. I am currently looking at nutrition in rugby, with a focus on the role of nutrition in younger age grade rugby players.
My areas of expertise are in sports performance nutrition, diabetes, weight management and children’s health.
Numerous articles for Dietetic Journals.
Media spokesperson for British Dietetic Association.