Delyth Lloyd-Evans BA (Hons), PGCE, MA
Tel: +44 (0)1792 481285
I Lecture on the BA(Hons) Illustration programme and I am Pathway Leader for MA Illustration.
I have over twenty-five years experience in the illustration industry: An established career as a freelance illustrator (clients included Cadbury, Heinz, Barclays Bank, British Airways, Cunnard, The Woolwich Building Society, Andrex, Buitoni, The Wales Tourist Board, Cadw, Athena International, Elmlea, Cornerstone Estate Agents, Sainsbury’s, Nigel Quiney, Camden Graphics, Waverley and Scandecor), followed by setting up and running my own award-winning, design-led publishing company, producing die-cut and three dimensional paper products.
Outlets included Fortnum and Mason, Boots, The National Trust, Saks 5th Avenue and Fenwicks. We exported to over thirty countries and had a network of sales agents working throughout Britain. The company exhibited regularly at the major British trade fairs, also exhibiting overseas, for example at the New York Stationery Show.
I also developed bespoke products for companies such as Hamleys and licensed my artwork. I lectured for seven years after graduating, initially full-time, then on a part-time basis as my illustration career became more demanding. I returned to lecturing in 2007 and continue to license my artwork.
- The Association of Illustrators
- Authorial Illustration.
- The Postmodern Picture Book.
- The Business of Illustration.
- The History of Illustration.
- The essential nature of illustration and its role within our current communication landscape.
Current research interests are narrative inheritance and visual storytelling as authorial illustration.
As a small house publisher for many years (greeting cards and gift stationery), I have developed in-depth knowledge of the greetings and gift industry. This trend-led area of design is a great source of commission for illustrators. Other main areas of expertise are entrepreneurship, illustration for advertising and design, authorial illustration, hand-drawn type and Illustrative lettering, illustrative branding and art and design licensing.
I draw upon my commercial experience and expertise to help students build a coherent body of work that clearly demonstrates a unique personal visual language and commercial viability.
I set up and ran my own award-winning, design-led publishing company for almost twenty years: Producing die-cut and three dimensional paper products, exhibiting at major trade fairs and exporting to over thirty countries. I continue to license my artwork.
- 2001 Winner of the ‘Small Business Owner’ category in the Welsh Woman of the Year Awards.
- 1996 - 2001 For five consecutive years my designs were top three finalists at the Louis Awards in New York (the ‘Oscars’ of the American greeting card industry), winning the award twice.
- 1997 Top three finalist in the Gift of the Year Awards.
- 1996 Top three finalist in the ‘Henries’ (greeting card award).