Miss Diane Thomas B.Ed, Graduate Certificate in Professional Development, NPQH
Lecturer in Primary Initial Teacher Education and Training
Tel: +44 (0) 1267 676625
- teach on a range of modules related to primary education programmes;
- support the strategic development of Welsh medium and bilingual provision across the primary programmes;
- contribute to the pastoral care of students and actively participate in the enhancement of the student experience;
I was born and brought up in Haverfordwest and in order to receive my secondary education through the medium of Welsh attended Fishguard County Secondary School. I graduated with a B.Ed (Hons) from South Glamorgan Institute of Higher Education, Cyncoed, Cardiff and started my teaching career in Carmarthenshire. After teaching for five years I became Head of the Infant Department.
During my time working in Primary Education I was appointed to the roles of Assistant Headteacher and also Welsh Development Leader.
In September 2011 I was seconded to work at the University of Wales, Trinity Saint David and Swansea Metropolitan University as a lecturer in Primary Education.
I became a permanent member of staff at UWTSD in September 2013.
- Education Workforce Council (EWC)
- Estyn Additional Inspector (Primary Education)
Contribute to a range of modules related to primary education programmes such as:
- Primary Postgraduate Certificate in Education:
- Welsh second language
- BA Primary Education (QTS):
- ITIA4001C Yr Iaith ar Daith 1
- ITIA5001C Yr Iaith ar Daith 2
- ITIA6001C Yr Iaith ar Daith 3
- ITEA5001 The Visual and Expressive Arts in Wales