Dr Kemi Ademoye
Dr Kemi Ademoye BSc, MSc, PhD, IEEE Member
Lecturer in Computing
I am currently responsible for delivering modules in the school of applied computing, as well as supervising student projects. I am also the programme director for the Computing and Information Systems programme.
Kemi joined the University in 2012 as a Lecturer in Computing. Prior to that she worked in industry for several years managing and delivering software solutions across various industries including Airline, Marketing, Finance and Oil and Gas.
She completed her undergraduate studies in Computer Science in 1996 at the University of Benin, Nigeria. Kemi has also obtained postgraduate degrees from the University of Brunel, UK – a M.Sc. in Distributed Information Systems and a PhD in Information Systems and Computing. Her doctoral research investigated the user perceived experience of olfaction-enhanced multimedia applications. Research interests include olfaction and multimedia, distributed computing, web and mobile computing, data applications and information visualisation.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Computer Society
Kemi is interested in web and mobile computing, data applications, interactive applications and information visualisation. She currently teaches the following modules:
- Web Authoring
- Web Design and Development
- Multimedia Web Development
- Data-centric Windows Programming
- Research in olfaction and multimedia
- Distributed computing
- Web and mobile computing
- Data applications and information visualisation
- Ghinea, G. and Ademoye, O., “User perception of media content association in olfaction-enhanced multimedia”, ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1–19, Nov. 2012.
- Ghinea, G. and Ademoye, O. A., “Perceived Synchronization of Olfactory Multimedia Systems”, A 40 (4), 657- 663, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2010.
- Ademoye, O. and Ghinea, G., “Synchronization of Olfaction-Enhanced Multimedia”, 11(3), 561-565, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2009.
- Ademoye, O. and Ghinea, G., “Olfaction-Enhanced Multimedia: Bad for Information Recall?”, accepted for publication, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, New York, USA, 2009.
- Ademoye, O. and Ghinea, G., “Synchronisation of Olfactory-Enhanced Multimedia: Perspectives from an Empirical Study”, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, Hannover, Germany, pp. 1425 – 1428, 2008.
- Ademoye, O. and Ghinea, G., “Olfactory enhanced multimedia applications: perspectives from an empirical study”, 14th Multimedia Computing and Networking Conference, San Jose, California, Proc SPIE, vol. 6504, 2007.