Mr Dylan Blain BSc, PGCE
Darlithydd y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol mewn Addysg Gorfforol Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Lecturer in Physical Education
Tel: 01267 676879
- Lecturing Welsh Medium Physical Education
- Support for students studying through the Welsh language
- 2001-2004: BSc (Hons) Sports and Exercise Science at The University of Bath
- 2004-2005: PGCE in Secondary Education (PE) at Cardiff Metropolitan University (Formerly UWIC)
- 2005-2008: Secondary School PE Teacher at Cardiff High School
- 2008-2013: Secondary School PE Teacher at Dyffryn Tâf School, Whitland, Carmarthenshire
- 2013-Present: Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Lecturer in Physical Education
Association for Physical Education (AfPE)
Professional Development and Practice, Adventurous Activities, Introduction to Sport Psychology, Skill Acquisition, Racquet Sports, Athletic Activities, Coaching Pedagogy.
Competitive Activities: A Models Based Approach, Coaching Pedagogy, Professional Development and Practice, Adventure within the Curriculum, Personal Training, Dissertation supervisor.
- Factors influencing young people's motivation to engage in lifelong physical activity. This includes exploring the role of a range of psychological constructs within the motivation – Physical Activity relationship, including Physical Literacy.
- Development, refinement and testing of a Health, Fitness and Well-Being based intervention in Physical Education. As part of this I am interested in exploring
- The use of Technology in Physical Education
- The Gamification of health-based Physical Education programs
Blain, D. (2012). Team of the year 2011. Physical Education Matters, 7(2), pp 62-64.
- Great innovation: School sport and the influence of technology – the future is now, Youth Sport Trust SGO summit 2015, Ricoh Arena, Coventry (2015)
- Using Technology within Physical Education Symposium, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey (2013)
- Using Technology to enhance communication in educational settings, National College for School Leadership Conference, Nottingham (2012) (https://www.nationalcollege.org.uk)
- Innovative practice using technology in Physical Education, International Network for Educational Transformation (iNet Wales) National Conference, Cardiff (2012)
- Health, Fitness and Well Being in the 21st Century, PESS conference, Cardiff (2012)