Mr Dylan Blain BSc, PGCE, PhD (ongoing)
Programme Director BA (Hons) Physical Education Cyfarwyddwr Rhaglen BA (Anrh) Addysg Gorfforol
Darlithydd Cysylltiol y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol
Tel: 01267 676879
- Programme Director BA (Hons) Physical Education
- Lecturing Physical Education & Sport & Exercise Science
- Support for students studying through the Welsh language
- 2001-2004: BSc (Hons) Sports and Exercise Science at The University of Bath
- 2004-2005: PGCE in Secondary Education (PE) at Cardiff Metropolitan University (Formerly UWIC)
- 2005-2008: Secondary School PE Teacher at Cardiff High School
- 2008-2013: Secondary School PE Teacher at Dyffryn Tâf School, Whitland, Carmarthenshire
- 2013-2018: Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Lecturer in Physical Education
- 2018-Present: Programme Director BA (Hons) Physical Education
- Association for Physical Education (AfPE)
- British Association of Sports and Exerecise Sciences (BASES)
- Professional Development and Practice, Adventurous Activities, Introduction to Sport Psychology, Skill Acquisition, Racquet Sports, Athletic Activities, Coaching Pedagogy.
- Competitive Activities: A Models Based Approach, Coaching Pedagogy, Professional Development and Practice, Adventure within the Curriculum, Personal Training, Dissertation supervisor.
- Factors influencing young people's motivation to engage in lifelong physical activity. This includes exploring the role of a range of psychological constructs within the motivation – Physical Activity relationship, including Physical Literacy.
- Development, refinement and testing of a Health, Fitness and Well-Being based intervention in Physical Education. As part of this I am interested in exploring
- The use of Technology in Physical Education
- The Gamification of health-based Physical Education programs
Blain, D. & Bellamy, M. (2018). School Gym and physical activity. In Draper, N. & Stratton, G. (Eds.). Physical Activity: A multidisciplinary approach. Abingdon, Oxon: Routeledge.
Goodyear, V.A., Blain, D., Quarmby, T. & Wainwright, N. (2016). Dylan: the use of 'mobile' 'apps' within a tactical inquiry approach. In Casey, A., Goodyear, V. A. & Armour, K. M. Digital Technologies and Learning in Physical Education: Pedagogical Cases. Abingdon, Oxon: Routeledge.
Blain, D. (2012). Team of the year 2011. Physical Education Matters, 7(2), pp 62-64.
- Great innovation: School sport and the influence of technology – the future is now, Youth Sport Trust SGO summit 2015, Ricoh Arena, Coventry (2015)
- Using Technology within Physical Education Symposium, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey (2013)
- Using Technology to enhance communication in educational settings, National College for School Leadership Conference, Nottingham (2012)
- Innovative practice using technology in Physical Education, International Network for Educational Transformation (iNet Wales) National Conference, Cardiff (2012)
- Health, Fitness and Well Being in the 21st Century, PESS conference, Cardiff (2012)