Mr Graham Howe HND; BEng (Hons); MBA
Head of School of Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics
Tel: 01792 483677
- Lecturing in the School of Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics
- Delivering Manufacturing Technology, Innovation & Product Development
- Design for Manufacture and Leadership Modules for BEng and MSc Programmes, for both part-time and full-time cohorts.
Graham is a product development engineer with 18 years product development, innovation and project management experience from original concept, cost analysis, prototyping, verification and validation phases through to final manufacturing production.
Through leading a project team or on an individual basis, Graham has a proven record in delivering these projects through to completion. Applying quality tools such as the SixSigma techniques as well as experience with business development in the commercially challenging, automotive manufacturing industry. Graham undertook at part-time engineering degree whilst employed as a Design Engineer in South Wales.
On completion Graham joined Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) as a Principal Engineer, focusing on Powertrain Cooling. After the completion of several projects at JLR, new opportunities were found at a German based Automotive supplier where Graham, as a Project Manager, lead internationally based project teams, delivering automotive air conditioning and engine cooling systems for their UK customers to agreed commercial, quality, reliability, performance and functional requirements.
Modules taught include;
- Workshop and Study Skills (Level 4)
- Introduction to Materials & Manufacturing (Level 4)
- Materials & Manufacturing Technology (Level 6)
- Major Project Supervisor (Level 6)
- Advanced Processes & Materials (Level 6)
- Design for Manufacture (Level 7)
- Leadership, Innovation & Product Development (Level 7)
Additional modules under development include;
- Manufacture, Design & Technology (Level 5)
- Rapid Product Development (Level 5)
- Materials and Manufacturing for niche markets (Level 6)
- Innovation & Product Development (Level 7)
- Entrepreneurship (Level 7)
Particular research area of interest concerns the effective use of design processes utilising Additive Manufacturing developments. Other interest areas include intelligent use of Innovation and Design for Manufacture techniques, concentrating on cost effective manufacturing in order to develop and grow manufacturing industry.