Mrs Hayley Herbert BSc, PGCE, MSc.
Lecturer – Health & Nutrition - Part-time
Tel: +44 01267 676616
Lecturing on a range of health and nutrition related modules.
Deliver teaching on the following degree programmes: BSc Health, Nutrition & Lifestyle, BA Health & Exercise & Sport Studies, BA Outdoor Education.
Practicing Dietitian (0.2 WTE) within Hywel Dda University Health Board (Carmarthenshire District). Based with the Carmarthenshire local public health team, main remit involves delivering accredited training and education on nutrition to professionals working with children and young people. Experience of working as a dietitian in the NHS for over 10 years in both acute and community settings including Morriston and Prince Philip hospitals, as well as Pembrokeshire and Carmarthenshire local public health teams.
Experience of multidisciplinary team working with partners including: Welsh Network of Health Schools Scheme, Healthy & Sustainable Pre-School Scheme, Local Public Health Teams, Designed to Smile teams, Local Authority Catering Departments and Sports Development Teams, NHS and National Exercise Referral Scheme.
- All Wales Public Health Dietitians Group
- Health Professions Council
- Academic interests include Public Health Nutrition in relation to obesity prevention and public health policy and practice surrounding this.
- Nutrition for Health
- Dietary Analysis
- Dietary Inequalities
- Health Promotion in Practice
- Public Policy and Strategies in Health Promotion
Other responsibilities include supervising and assessing undergraduate
dissertations and personal tutor responsibilities.
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Obesity Prevention
- Public Health Nutrition
- Local research undertaken around nutrition policy implementation within schools and other health promoting settings.
- Student dietetic clinical training within the NHS.
- Behavioural change/Motivational interviewing practical skills.
- Menu planning and analysis.
- Delivery of accredited nutrition training courses in the community.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation nutrition education.
- Partnership working with the Welsh Network of Healthy Schools Scheme to improve food and drink provisions within primary and secondary schools.
- Partnership working with the Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme to improve food and drink provisions within early years settings.
- Partnership working with the local public health team and other agencies to improve obesity prevention services for children and young people across the county.
Delivered a number of one-off lectures on nutrition both within and outside the NHS to student nurses and doctors.
Spoken at local British Dietetic Association branch meeting on dietary management post bariatric surgery.