Miss Heddwen Davies BEd Primary (Hons)
Tel: +44 (0) 1267 225151
Senior Lecturer with responsibility for leading the Arts and Physical Education (BA Education with QTS and Primary PGCE)
I also support Carys Richards with the processing of prospective trainees’ applications to the course.
Having graduated from Cyncoed College, Cardiff in 1994 with expertise in Physical Education I was fortunate to gain my first post as a primary teacher in Ceredigion. N 2001 I gained my first post as a Headteacher in Penlôn Primary School, Llwyncelyn.
Then, between 2004 and 2008 I was a lecturer in Trinity College, specialising in Physical Education and supporting Music as well. During this period I shared responsibilities with Ms Nalda Wainwright organising, preparing and maintaining a number of courses for teachers in the field of Physical Education across many counties.
Then in 2008, I became the headteacher of Llanwedog Voluntary Aided Primary School and then, in time, of Llanwnnen and Cwrtnewydd Primary Schools in an informal federal agreement. As the headteacher I lead the schools through successful inspections by Estyn.
This year (2104) I was fortunate enough to gain a post back in University of Wales Trinity Saint David with responsibility for the Arts and Physical Education on the Bed course and PGCE in Swansea.
- I contribute to the Bed Primary (QTS) and PGCE Primary programmes
- Coordinator of module ITEA5001/C – ‘Y Celfyddydau Gweledol a Mynegiannol yng Nghymru’
- Coordinator of module ITDA6002/C – ‘Y Celfyddydau Integredig yn yr Ysgol Gynradd’.
- In light of this I’m part of the provision of lectures in the arts and physical education fields.
I also lecture on modules:
- PGCE Module 1 – ‘Pedagogeg yn y dosbarth cynradd’
- PGCE MODULE 2 & ITCM4001/C – ‘Materion Cwricwlwm’
- ITSP4001/C – ‘Lleoedd a Mannau i Ddysgu’
- ITWC6001/C – ‘Athrawon, Ysgolion a’r Gymuned Ehangach’ which discusses professional issues relating to teaching such as coordinator, assessment and data analysis responsibilities as well as working within the close community of a primary school.
ITPT4001/C, ITPT5001/C, ITPT6001/C & PGCE – supervising trainees on Professional Teaching Experiences
I have just started on the MA Physical Education course and am really enjoying it!
- The field of education, especially the education of 3 – 11 year olds.
- As a Headteacher – the ability to lead rural primary schools effectively.
- Primary Physical Education
- Primary Music