Dr Kapilan Radhakrishnan
Dr Kapilan Radhakrishnan PhD, M.Sc, PGCE, B.E, CCAI, CCNA.
Lecturer and Programme Director (Computer Networks)
Tel: +44 (0) 1792 481154
I am leading the computer networks team since Sep 2011. I use my knowledge, experience, and industrial contacts to bring changes to the programme to suit current industry standards. I am the main contact for School’s Cisco Academy, Academy Support Centre, and Instructor Training Centre.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
I am currently teaching five modules at Masters and undergraduate courses. These include:
- Implementing IP Routing and Switching (Masters)
- Advanced Routing
- Local Area Networks
- Computer Network Architecture
- IP Internetworking
Some of the other modules I taught over the past few years include:
- Internet Security
- Wide Area Networks
- Network Management
As part of Cisco Academy programme, I teach CCNA course to part-time students in the evenings. I am currently supervising one full-time PhD student and number of Masters and undergraduate students.
Current personal research interests include
- Performance Evaluation
- Voice over IP
- Random Neural Networks
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- LTE networks
I am a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and a Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI). I am also a reviewer for Scientific-professional Journal Tehnički vjesnik/Technical Gazette.
(1) K. Radhakrishnan and H. Larijani, (2011) Evaluating perceived voice quality on packet networks using different random neural network architectures, Performance Evaluation, 68 (4), 347-360.
(2) K. Radhakrishnan, H. Larijani and T. Buggy, A non-intrusive method to assess voice quality over internet, in: 2010 International Symposium on Performance Evaluation on Computer and Telecommunication Systems (SPECTS), Ottawa, Canada, pp. 380–386.
(3) K. Radhakrishnan and H. Larijani, A study on QoS of VoIP networks: A random Neural network (RNN) approach, in: proceedings of the 2010 Spring Simulation Multiconference (SpringSim ’10), Orlando, FL, USA, pp.1–6.
(4) H. Larijani and K. Radhakrishnan, Voice quality in VoIP networks based on random neural networks, in: Ninth International Conference on Networks (ICN) 2010, Menuires, France, pp. 89–92.