Mrs Karen Eaton-Thomas BSc, MSc, PGCE, MBPsS, ATP
Programme Director BSc Mental Health
Lecturer in Psychology
Tel: +44 (0)1267 225147
I am involved with the delivery of lectures, seminars and tutorials across all three years of the degree programmes, a module leader and a personal tutor. In addition I am the unfair practice co-coordinator for The School of Psychology.
I have been teaching on the Psychology programmes at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David since 2012 and have contributed to the delivery and supervision on undergraduate courses. Prior to this I worked as a lecturer at Coleg Sir Gar for thirteen years, lecturing on Both A level and Access to Higher Education programmes.
Previously, as part of my post graduate research, I also worked as a Psychology Research Assistant for a funded project in collaboration with the University of Wales Swansea, Bangor University and the Welsh Assembly Government, focusing on developing appropriate assessment tools for bilingual children in Wales.
- British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Association for the teaching of Psychology (ATP)
- Senior Examiner for The Welsh Joint Education Committee (WJEC)
My current undergraduate teaching areas include Social and Developmental Psychology, Psychopathology and Forensic Psychology.
An example of the modules I will be teaching this year are:
- SSAP4001: Academic Study skills and Psychological Perspectives
- SSAP4002: Social and Developmental Psychology
- SSAP4003: Comparative and Evolutionary Psychology
- SSAP5003: Media and Consumer Psychology
- SSAP6001: Psychopathology
- SSAP6005: Criminology and Forensic Psychology
My research interests were originally grounded in hemispheric asymmetry and lateralisation of function, specifically in relation to emotionality, cognitive function, language and handedness. More recently I have focused on emotionality and well-being in the forensic population; particularly with young offenders.
- Assistant Test User: Occupational Qualification
- Test User: Occupational Ability Qualification
- Test User: Occupational Personality Qualification
- Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU)
Coleman, S. L., Cooke, Z., Eaton-Thomas, K. M., and Hill, L. (2016). There is no “I” in Team. Oral presentation at University of Wales Trinity Saint David NEXUS Conference, March 2016.