Mrs Lilian Martin MA(ed), PGCE, BSc(Hons), AMRSC
Lecturer: AoLE Science and Technology
Involved in the undergraduate and postgraduate teacher training courses for Primary and Secondary education including:
Module lead for Researching the Learning ECAD7004
Leading the learning ECAD 6008 for science.
Other responsibilities include admissions, marketing and student experience on our teacher training programmes.
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry Aston University
- PGCE Swansea University
- MA(ed) Swansea Met (UWTSD)
- Penlan boys school/ Daniel James Community school
- Cefn Saeson School
- In charge of Chemistry, STEM, numeracy, MAT and primary science transition.
I am an associate member of the Royal Society of Chemistry and I am the lead contact for the RSC at UWTSD.
This affords my students exclusive deals with the RSC including free CPD and resources on the RSC TEACH education website.
I am an active member of the Association for Science Education and allows me to provide additional CPD to UWTSD students and more nationally.
- ECAD7004: Researching the Learning
- ECAD6008: Leading the Learning
- ECAD7003: Learners, schools and communities
Professional Learning: Graduate certificate in Science
The importance of role models:
- Diversity and racial equity in education
I am a committee member of BAMEEd Wales. An organisation focused on supporting racial equity in education.
I am continually looking for ways to integrate the Science and Technology Area of Learning Experience and I am actively working with STEM organisations to increase the uptake of STEM subjects in Wales.