Dr Rachel Cook PhD, MSc, BA
Programme Manager Online BA and MBA (Wales-Ducere)
Lecturer in Applied Business and Management
Tel: 01792 481274
I teach across a range of programmes and am Programme Manager for the Ducere BA and MBA Online Programmes.
I have been in the Higher Education Industry for 10 years, both as a student and an academic. I have progressed to PhD level and predominantly studied alongside working in HE.
- CIPD Associate Member
I teach across a range of subjects and programmes, from Level 4 to Level 7, including the Business (BA), Events (BA) and Festival Management, Leadership and Management Skills for the Workplace (BA), and Skills for the Workplace (CertHE).
I teach or have taught:
- Business Environment
- Organisational Behaviour
- Ethics and Morality of Business
- Effective Team Working and Communication
- Knowledge and Information Management
- Live Events Project
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Workplace Culture and its Impact on Organisational Efficiency
- Marketing Fundamentals.
I supervise dissertations on the undergraduate BA Business and the postgraduate MA HRM and MBA programmes. There are a range of topics covered in these dissertations, including:
- the practice of HRM
- equality and diversity in the workplace
- challenges facing HR after mergers
- marketing; workplace wellbeing
- the use of CSR
- online business planning
- My primary research area is wellbeing and employment relations.
- My thesis focuses on the factors that affect the perceived success of wellbeing initiatives.
- Wellbeing at Work
- Employment Relations
- Human Resource Management