Miss Stacey Coleman BA(Hons), MSc, PGCE(PCET), MBPsS, FHEA
Programme Director BA Counselling Studies and Psychology (Swansea Campus)
Lecturer in Psychology
Tel: +44 (0) 01792 482126
- Programme Director Counselling Studies and Psychology
- Module Leader
- Personal Tutor
- Member of Faculty Sustainability Committee
I completed my Counselling Studies and Psychology Joint Honours degree here at University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Swansea (formerly Swansea Metropolitan University), and also my postgraduate certificate in education PCET teaching qualification. Most recently, I have completed the MSc in Applied Social and Health Psychology.
I joined the Psychology team within the School of Psychology and Counselling at UWTSD, Swansea in August 2014.
I am a registered graduate member of the British Psychological Society and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Graduate member of the British Psychological Society
- Society for the study of addictions
- American Psychological Association
- Division of Clinical Psychology (BPS)
- DCP - Faculty of Addiction (BPS)
- Division of Academics, Researchers and Teachers in Psychology (BPS)
- Welsh branch of the British Psychological Society
- Division 50: Society of Addiction Psychology (APA)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
My interest in Psychology mainly centres around the nature of behavioural addictions and how interventions are being developed to treat this disorder, and I also have a particular interest in the area of general research methods.
The modules that I will be teaching on for the 2016/17 academic year are:
- M4X00902 Academic Skills and Research Methods
- M4X00903 Applied Psychology
- M5X00909 Current Debates in Psychology
- M5X00911 Occupational Psychology
- M5X00913 Research Design and Analysis
I have a passion for exploring behavioural addictions, mainly gambling addictions and the interventions available and upcoming for this particular type of addictive disorder.
I am also passionate about developing my research and applied psychology knowledge. Through the completion of the MSc I have developed further skills in research design and knowledge.
Assistant Test User: Occupational Qualification
Test User: Occupational Ability Qualification
Test User: Occupational Personality Qualification
Register of Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU)
Coleman, S. L., Cooke, Z., Eaton-Thomas, K. M., and Hill, L. (2016). There is no “I” in Team. Oral presentation at University of Wales Trinity Saint David NEXUS Conference, March 2016.
Coleman, S., Phelps, C., & Hutchings, P. B. (2015). Recognising sustainability in psychology: Pitfalls and promise. Oral presentation at University of Wales Trinity Saint Davied INSPIRE Conference, June 2015.
Coleman, S., Crabtree, R., Phelps, C., Hughes, C., Baker, A., French, H., Minou, M. & Hutchings, P. (2014). #Letthekeyboarddothetalking: Involving young people in the development and evaluation of an online psychosocial counselling intervention for young people affected by cancer. Poster presentation at BPS Health of the Nation conference, September 2014.
Coleman, S. (2013). Do sensation seeking tendencies affect arousal in a simulated betting situation? Dissertation poster presentation at Welsh Branch BPS conference, May 2013.