Susan Diana Smith MA Ed, PGCE, BA
Subject Tutor for Secondary PGCE Design and Technology
(Part-Time Fractional 0.5)
Tel: +44 (0) 01792 482059
- Responsible for lecturing and running the Design and Technology PGCE course.
- Visits to observe trainee teachers
- Marking M01 and M04 written assignments
- Second Marking
- Administration and liaison with partnership schools
- ESDGC coordinator for SPGCE responsible for compiling subject ESDGC delivery, and lecture to SPGCE Trainees in Term 2.
I have a degree in Three Dimensional Design specialising in Furniture Design.
I worked for 5 years for the County Architect in Swansea, designing and planning furniture layouts for schools and public buildings. From here I worked in private practice on Computer Aided Mapping systems before undertaking my PGCE at Swansea University (Hendrefoilen), and going into teaching. I have taught in three Swansea comprehensive schools, becoming Head of Technology within four years of obtaining my PGCE. I was a PGCE Subject Mentor for most of my teaching career and promoted to Senior Mentor for three years. During this time I undertook study for my MA Ed which I completed in 2000. My experience led me to apply for the post of PGCE Tutor at Swansea Metropolitan University in 2010.
Design and Technology Association (DATA)
MA Ed Dissertation Supervision 2014
I was employed as a researcher on the recent study into the impact of the Eco Schools Initiative (2012-14). The final report is still to be published.
On WJEC Advisory panel for Design and Technology November 2014
I am SWWCTE's representative on the UWTSD Sustainability Committee