Mr Timothy Burton BA(Hons), PGCE (Primary), MA, Fellow of HEA, (former) Honorary Tutor Cardiff University
Tel: +44 (0) 1267 676845
- Supporting Technology Enhanced Learning, supporting Literacy and other areas of learning and professional practice
- Until recently Tim Burton was on secondment from the University to the Welsh Government as an External Mentor for Masters in Educational Practice (as an Honorary Tutor for Cardiff University) and as an External Mentor for newly qualified teachers within their Induction year (Working closely with Local Authorities).
- Supporting Professional Teaching Experience.
- Company Director for a small retail fashion chain from 1976 - 1993.
- Class Teacher Year 4 and Year 6 Classes 1993 – 2001.
- RE coordinator
- ICT Coordinator
- Expecting to be Language Coordinator prior to secondment to Local Authority (see below).
- Advisory Teacher with Pembrokeshire County Council from 2001-2003
- National Association of Teachers of English,
- Facilitator for European Pedagogical ICT Licence
- International Professional Development Association
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Practical (Action) Classroom Research - until recently Tim was the Programme Coordinator – Certificate and Diploma in Professional Development., this involved working closely with experienced teachers and senior advisory teams from Local Authorities to develop professional partnerships and develop potential candidates for Middle Leadership.
Involvement in various European School projects with the Vichy II France Schools Inspectorate for the last eleven years – involving short teaching sessions in schools across Europe and work with teachers in these institutions.
Currently involved in further consideration of the broader social and cultural effects of the rise of the Internet and social networking. Working on documents relating to “digital dependence” and the effects on pupils from perceived over reliance on connected technology.
Involved in teaching pupils in school sessions in France, Ireland and Finland.
Attendance at various research days in connection with the use of ICT within teaching and learning.
Mentoring and coaching both student teachers and those in their induction period across Wales.
Working with colleagues from Local Authorities and Consortia to develop accredited Continual Professional Learning and Development modules.
Formerly an Advisory Teacher with Pembrokeshire County Council –teaching and supporting in schools from reception to KS4 2001-‐2005. Preparing schools for inspection, involvement in Learning Styles theory delivery, Global and European Citizenship days etc.
Various INSET deliveries in Teaching and Learning and ICT to groups of teachers from KS1– KS4. Co-presenter of INSET sessions in primary literacy and mathematics with other members of County advisory team. Coordination of GTCW funded networks to produce teaching and learning materials.