At UWTSD there are some courses which you can study wholly through the medium of Welsh as well as opportunities to study bilingually, where only part of the course is studied in Welsh.
Students can access support with their Welsh at UWTSD and there are specific scholarships available to those who wish to study through the medium of Welsh.
- ‘Yr Atom’ Carmarthen’s Welsh Centre
- Welsh Community: There are around 2,000 Welsh speakers at UWTSD
- Welsh medium Scholarships and Bursaries
- Designated accommodation for Welsh speakers
- Freshers’ Weekend for Welsh speakers
- Opportunity to study in Welsh or bilingually
- Welsh Language Courses: Excellent support for learners and fluent Welsh speakers
- Y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol’s Welsh Language Skills Certificate
- Canolfan S4C Yr Egin, a creative centre situated on the Carmarthen campus
- A chance to become a member of Y Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol