The negative effects of vehicle emissions on our environment are well known, and travel is one of the biggest contributors to the University’s carbon footprint.
We actively encourage our staff and students to travel to our campuses via sustainable modes of transport, helping to make our campuses and communities greener.
Getting to our campuses
Our campuses are easy to reach via foot, bike and public transport. Follow the links below for information on how to get there using sustainable modes of transport.
The university has developed these wellbeing walks to allow university members and the public an opportunity to enjoy a relaxing sensory experience in the green spaces around our campuses and disengage from work or study for a moment. Take your time to explore these paths, look out for flora and fauna, and enjoy the opportunity to immerse yourself in nature.
Cycle to Work Scheme
The University is part of Cyclescheme, a cycle to work scheme where staff can make savings on the cost of a new bike and cycling accessories.
Designed to encourage our staff to choose active travel for their commute, the scheme allows you to spread the cost of a bike over 12 monthly wage deductions whilst taking advantage of tax and national insurance savings.
How do I take part?
- Visit your chosen cycle retailer.
- Once you’ve chosen a bike and accessories, you should obtain a written quotation of what you would like to buy through the scheme. The maximum value of goods that can be ordered under the scheme (bike and equipment) is £1000 and the minimum is £250 inclusive of VAT.
- Then visit Cyclescheme to apply for your chosen package and request a Cyclescheme certificate.
- Once you’ve requested the certificate, the University will confirm your eligibility and consider approval of your request.
- Subject to approval, the University will then purchase the bike and equipment and hire it to you for a period of 12 months.
- At the end of the 12 month hire period, you purchase the bike from the University for a market value payment.
If you have any questions about the Cyclescheme, please contact HR: firstname.lastname@example.org.