Students can access general IT facilities through a number of computer rooms/areas conveniently located around the University campuses.
What do computer rooms offer?
- PCs connected to the University’s data network
- Usually a multifunctional device (MFD) offering colour and black and white printing, copying and scanning or a colour laser printer
- May also contain wireless access and more specialised equipment such as plotters, Sports Analysis Equipment and audio visual equipment
- Long opening hours with many of them open 24/7
- In line with the University’s Green agenda, if a PC has not been used for ten minutes it will usually automatically shut down so you may need to turn the PC on.
Access to computer rooms
- Open to all members of the University
- Access outside core hours is by Student Card only and in some cases access is via the Porters
- It is important that you do not allow other people to enter computer rooms/areas, or other limited access areas, by holding the door open for them when you have used your card to get access
- You must be prepared to use your Student Card to identify yourself to University security staff when you are in a computer room/area during a limited access period. These areas are monitored by CCTV.
Laptop wireless access
Laptop wireless access is available at a number of University locations.
Advice on connecting your laptop to the wireless network is available on our wireless page.
Below is a list of accessible computer rooms and printer facilities. Please note, if the room is booked and in use you are not allowed to use it.
|Swansea Townhill Locations|
|Location||PCs||Print/Copy/Scan||Access hours||May be booked
|Ground Floor Library
||5||Yes||Library opening hours||No|
|Library 2nd Floor
||46||Yes||Library opening hours||No|
|TK222||12||No||24/7 Card Access||Yes|
|Swansea Mount Pleasant Locations|
|Thompson Computer Suite
||24||Yes||24/7 Card Access||No|
|Library Ground Floor Suite
||19||Yes||Library opening hours||No|
|Library Lower Floor Suite
||12||Yes||Library opening hours||Yes|
|Dynevor & Swansea Business Campus Locations|
|Dynevor Library IT Room||36||Yes||Library opening hours||No|
|SBC Library IT Room||40||Yes||Library opening hours||No|
|SBC Library Quiet Area||5||Yes (in Library)||Library opening hours||No|
|SBC Library Desk Area||2||Yes (in Library)||Library opening hours||No|
A full list of software installed on all Open Access computers can be found here.