ICT Staff Training
Working in close partnership with the Staff Development Officer the ICT Training section provides information, advice and training on a wide range of software tools and technologies available to University staff.
Training is provided in planned events and ad hoc as required whether in a classroom setting or one to one as appropriate and as needs demand.
Classroom events are in the format of a presentation and exercises undertaken by users on classroom PC computers. New lesson plans and materials are constantly in development keeping pace with software releases and staff requirements.
- On site and provided at varied times increasing accessibility
- Provided by in house staff ensuring continuity and confidence in service
- Flexible to meet ongoing training needs matching systems development or adoption of new software.
- Trainer provides ongoing support to trainees following events
- Training offered at beginner, intermediate and advanced level for most software applications
- Events advertised through distributed emails to all staff and partner institutions
- Effective administration provides reports on staff development for HR
- Post event feedback is collected encouraging further development
Training is supported by optional assessment and certification.