Nautical / Underwater Archaeology
Based on his extensive experience in the excavation, recovery, post-excavation analysis and publication of boat and ship finds, Professor Nigel Nayling offers a range of specialist services relating to nautical assemblages.
As an HSE-qualified diver (Surface Supplied and SCUBA), these services can be offered on both terrestrial and underwater sites.
- Development of project designs, post-excavation assessments and research designs
- On-site specialist support: specialist advice, staff training, in situ recording and sampling
- Recovery, including dismantling, lifting, packaging and transportation, of ship/boat finds
- Design and execution of post-excavation programmes of analysis and documentation
- Production of specialist archive and publication reports
For further information/advice or quotation in relation to these services, please contact: