Advantages and challenges of delivering a bilingual education
University of Wales Trinity Saint David, Swansea, Dynevor Campus, Swansea, SA1 3EU ;G.Beynon@uwtsd.ac.uk
24th March 2016
In this participative workshop the advantages and challenge of delivering a bilingual education within higher education, from the educator’s perspective, will be explored.
Broadly based on pedagogical approaches the workshop will provide the opportunity to:
- Discuss issues surrounding the delivery of a bilingual provision
- Explore the advantages to the student and the lecturer.
- Explore the challenges to the student and the lecturer
- Consider subject specific issues
- Contemplate ideas of bilingual delivery
- Share good and not so good practice
- Reflect on how students are supported to present work in Welsh, within bilingual settings?